• Status
    Not open for further replies.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    So, failing to learn anything from the problems and setbacks his invasion in the Ukraine is having, apparently Putin saw fit today to issue a threat toward Sweden and Finland if they consider applying for UN membership.

Somewhere, the ghost of Simo Häyhä is waxing his skis and oiling his rifle. Pissing off the Finns has not gone well for Russia historically.

Almin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2021
    SA
    In Kyiv, ukr gov distributed 10k or 20k AKSU, to whoever wants it, now everything turns to shit, people started to shoot everywhere they think they see russ forces.
    7316dd3e331634caf84414ad2196f34f.jpg
    f73271cbba3aa58beac113056ba61b01.jpg

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I think he has watched the divisions our country faces and has taken it to build propaganda in support of his actions. The fact that he’s even using NAZIs as the boogie man shows how ridiculous his claims are.
    Except he may not be talking about Nazis the way you or I talk about Nazis...

The comments section there is also "interesting."

And, beyond that, there ARE "interesting" groups in the Ukraine, it would appear:

Reactions: gll

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    In Kyiv, ukr gov distributed 10k or 20k AKSU, to whoever wants it, now everything turns to shit, people started to shoot everywhere they think they see russ forces.
    7316dd3e331634caf84414ad2196f34f.jpg
    f73271cbba3aa58beac113056ba61b01.jpg

When your military has no chance of stopping the threat, you arm any civilians willing to fight.

We dropped rifles in to European countries in WW2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    So, failing to learn anything from the problems and setbacks his invasion in the Ukraine is having, apparently Putin saw fit today to issue a threat toward Sweden and Finland if they consider applying for UN membership.

Somewhere, the ghost of Simo Häyhä is waxing his skis and oiling his rifle. Pissing off the Finns has not gone well for Russia historically.
    UN or NATO?

He really has lost it.

Your neighbor-R goes and starts beating up your other neighbor-U for talking to the cops so now he threatens you if you call the cops... you can call the cops or live under the thumb of a bully.

Time to make a choice on what world you want to live in. I think Finland and Sweden have a few more teeth than Ukraine and Russia might be in over their heads there (and might be getting close to that in Ukraine really)

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I don't really recall the sniper massacre of 2014, but then there was much going on for me that year. Did this story maybe just "not get covered" or do most of you recall this episode?
    Warning: semi-paywall; you may be asked to sign up:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    You have several countries, such as the Czech Republic also, that learned a lot about themselves after Hitler and they are very passionate about not letting a dictator do what he wants.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    UN or NATO?

He really has lost it.

Your neighbor-R goes and starts beating up your other neighbor-U for talking to the cops so now he threatens you if you call the cops... you can call the cops or live under the thumb of a bully.

.....or you slip behind the bully and put a knife between his ribs. Sweden and Finland have intelligence and spec-ops, too. And I'll bet there's been an increase in foreign travel to Moscow and other Rus attractions.....for "business trips".....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Putin can keep pushing but it’s not going to end well.

Seems he’s running his mouth a lot and has succeeded in having the UN/NATO so scared that he might start a war that they’ll let him start any wars he pleases in hopes of avoiding a war.

Worthless bunch of cowards.

And I would be surprised if Finland or Sweden would be allowed to enter the UN or NATO at this point for fear they might have to actually come to their defense.

World Wars start when tyrants are allowed to go unchecked.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Seems he’s running his mouth a lot and has succeeded in having the UN/NATO so scared that he might start a war that they’ll let him start any wars he pleases in hopes of avoiding a war.

Worthless bunch of cowards.

And I would be surprised if Finland or Sweden would be allowed to enter the UN or NATO at this point for fear they might have to actually come to their defense.

World Wars start when tyrants are allowed to go unchecked.

Yup see my post after. I believe more countries than people think will jump on Putin’s ass. Hitler left a bad taste.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Here is another laugh on the Left - one of their "think tanks", their answer to Prager U - actually espoused a position supporting Putin and their invasion of the Ukraine.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If you are gonna die, make a difference and take some with you. You did not see Taliban doing this dumbshit. They would have planted a IED later that night.....
    Your disrespect for the Ukranians is contemptible. You diss those who are risking their lives, or who have given their lives.

And perhaps this citizen does not have the knowledge or materials to make an IED. Not everyone is a highly trained operator with 007 credentials and Jason Bourne skills like you.

He is doing SOMETHING. And with bravery.

For that he deserves my respect and has my respect.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It would be easy for me to say "we" should go to war with Russia over Ukraine and with China over Taiwan...

Hell, I've been expecting war with one or the other, or both, for long enough that I would have been eligible for a draft if there was one (I just missed the one for Vietnam), but at 66, with double TKR and a bad back, I won't be going anywhere...

I'd feel a whole lot better about America going to war, if our government and military weren't so goddamned compromised, but regardless of whether we go to war, or not, it won't be my decision...

I do feel a whole lot stronger about our duty to Taiwan than I do about any duty to Ukraine. We should have left Europe to the Europeans long ago, but seeing as we allowed our government and military to become the policemen of the world, and made promises to Ukraine, maybe we should commit to war, but if we do, it should be war with no holds barred!
    Understand.

But we could do a heck of a lot to help Ukraine without setting one foot on the ground. We have standoff weapons that could blunt the assault and perhaps allow Ukraine to hold their own.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Your disrespect for the Ukranians is contemptible. You diss those who are risking their lives, or who have given their lives.

And perhaps this citizen does not have the knowledge or materials to make an IED. Not everyone is a highly trained operator with 007 credentials and Jason Bourne skills like you.

He is doing SOMETHING. And with bravery.

For that he deserves my respect and has my respect.

I diss the concept that dying doing something stupid advances the cause. Wandering onto a highway where you can get run over is stupid. It advances nothing. Telling a Russian commander to go **** himself is a great Clint Eastwood line, but 13 dead and no casualties on the enemy does not win wars. The guy who blew himself up taking out a bridge, yeah that was brave and made a difference. Ukraine is greatly outnumbered, they cannot afford to lose fighters needlessly.

Yeah, I have more skills than he does. So do most of the people on this forum. Would any of you wander on a highway of speeding trucks? Of course NOT. Instead you may sit at an overpass or on side of road and snipe shots at passing soldiers or do a DC sniper strategy. Or be a sabatour, that is a very important role right now. Nobody here would do stupid shit to get yourselves killed. if you have no fighting skills, you could learn First Aid skills and help in a hospital. Or he could learn to load mags or fix AKs. Or just be a good witness and report troop movements is probably a great role needed right now. There are lots of roles for civilians to play in a war effort.

Doing SOMETHING stupid is not bravery, it is just stupid. If every Ukraine civilian took out just one enemy soldier before dying, they would win in a route. But dying with ZERO casualties inflicted helps Russia, not Ukraine.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom