• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2024
    Conroe
    I'm looking to get into USPSA and none of the local matches around me seem to have anyone shooting irons. I am looking to get my Shadow 2 milled for an optic and I'm trying to weigh out price for performance. From what I've seen online the Vortex Defender XL and the 507 comp are highly regarded. However, that is mostly from youtubers who get them for free. Anyone have experience with either? I just want a dot, don't care bout the circles or whatever else reticles the 507 has.

If they suck I'll bite the bullet and get an SRO

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    I have a couple of 507Comps. They are kinda huge. :) I liked my first so much, I've been fitting them to all my target guns. They are pretty large, and I don't know about durability, so I've not fit them to any defense guns. It's the 507 on steroids. Larget window, more reditle / dot options.

I don't have an RDO or Vortex to direct compare, but I do have a DeltaPoint Pro, which is also huge, and the 507Comp is larger and "seems" like it'd be every bit as durable.

If there are any specific questions about the Comp, I'll do my best to answer.

Left to Right: SIG Romeo1, HS 507Comp, HS 507C-X2, Canic Mec1, Leo DPoint Pro
    IMG_3558 2.jpg

Jtown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2024
    Conroe
    I have a couple of 507Comps. They are kinda huge. :) I liked my first so much, I've been fitting them to all my target guns. They are pretty large, and I don't know about durability, so I've not fit them to any defense guns. It's the 507 on steroids. Larget window, more reditle / dot options.

I don't have an RDO or Vortex to direct compare, but I do have a DeltaPoint Pro, which is also huge, and the 507Comp is larger and "seems" like it'd be every bit as durable.

If there are any specific questions about the Comp, I'll do my best to answer.

Left to Right: SIG Romeo1, HS 507Comp, HS 507C-X2, Canic Mec1, Leo DPoint Pro
    View attachment 476037
    Thanks for the info! Also that is quite an impressive case. I can see you like the 320 lol.

For the comp, do you use the red dot reticle? If so do you find it to be big enough?

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Thanks for the info! Also that is quite an impressive case. I can see you like the 320 lol.

For the comp, do you use the red dot reticle? If so do you find it to be big enough?
    No problem. Yeah.. I've drunk a few hundred gallons on P320 coolaid it would seem. I've gone back to the dot, the 8 MOA circle was a little distracting for me, but having the outer 32 MOA cicle was really helpful when I was transitioning to dots to help me get that first sight picture on draw or presentation.

The case is made by Condition 1 here in Texas. I've been using it for a couple of years, and it's great! I picked up their smaller 2-pistol case and it's used to hold ammo, 2 guns, pile of mags, hearing pro for all range trips.

Jtown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2024
    Conroe
    No problem. Yeah.. I've drunk a few hundred gallons on P320 coolaid it would seem. I've gone back to the dot, the 8 MOA circle was a little distracting for me, but having the outer 32 MOA cicle was really helpful when I was transitioning to dots to help me get that first sight picture on draw or presentation.

The case is made by Condition 1 here in Texas. I've been using it for a couple of years, and it's great! I picked up their smaller 2-pistol case and it's used to hold ammo, 2 guns, pile of mags, hearing pro for all range trips.
    Thanks for the info! I def appreciate the feedback. Going to check out those pistol cases too!

That is sick AF! Is that a west german 226?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Thanks for the info! I def appreciate the feedback. Going to check out those pistol cases too!

That is sick AF! Is that a west german 226?
    Yes it is. Its so old it lacks the rail on the dust cover and was not cut for a dot. The SRO is on an adapter plate that went into the rear sight dove tail. Even with it lacking that its West German which in my opinion were better built guns.

Top Bottom