Patriot Mobile

Guess who is in the horsepistol with a broken hip..femur!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Well today is the 14th and I just had two full days over to rehab place and I've gotten more rehab here in 2 days than I did at the old place in 2 weeks. Therapy today really hurt I had two sessions in the morning and a low blood sugar event after the second session had to blow off the third session and then I had an afternoon session that really hurt they finally got me up and walking a hole 3 ft.

But the most exciting news of the day was I actually got to use a real sit-down toilet. I haven't felt this proud of going to the toilet since I got out of diapers and at my age I may be back in them.

Stop by if you have time and you're in the area I'm in room 113 at the end Compass facility located at Waterview and Frankford in Richardson. Sign in to see Armstrong.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Well today is the 14th and I just had two full days over to rehab place and I've gotten more rehab here in 2 days than I did at the old place in 2 weeks. Therapy today really hurt I had two sessions in the morning and a low blood sugar event after the second session had to blow off the third session and then I had an afternoon session that really hurt they finally got me up and walking a hole 3 ft.

But the most exciting news of the day was I actually got to use a real sit-down toilet. I haven't felt this proud of going to the toilet since I got out of diapers and at my age I may be back in them.

Stop by if you have time and you're in the area I'm in room 113 at the end Compass facility located at Waterview and Frankford in Richardson. Sign in to see Armstrong.
    Sounds like your making some progress.
    I'm in Garland, not to far from you. I have a few things to do tomorrow, if I get time, I'll swing by
    and visit with you.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    If any of you want to stop by and laugh at this fool, I'm in cell A413 in the Plano Medical City hospital on Coit and 15th.

They don't know where my next stop on the patient's inmate tour of local asylum. There's a rehab at Frankford and Independence and skilled nursing on Plano Pkway just west of Independence. Maybe the Garland VA would work. I think it's supposed to be orthopedic based.
    Ha, I was in cell block C back in July which had the ICU rooms for my abdominal aortic graft.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Pain Central today.

AM therapy worked on standing transitions.
    Made progress that I could see. Worked on the bike while still in the wheelchair. Then the arms. I spend as much time working the uninjured side because it's going to over work until the broken side heals and the load evens out.

Did a series of arm exercises in group therapy. It's amazing how quick your arms tire even with a 1 pound dumbell.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I think It's great that we can meet other members. @Army 1911 and I had a great meet and conversations. As I tell people..we're not only friends, we're family. we do what we can for each other
    and (try) to help each other in difficult times. We've helped with monetary donations, prayers, kudos,
    information, visits, ears to listen, being a shoulder to cry on and someone to lean on when needed.

This is what friends and family do for each other.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Saturday there was no scheduled therapy for me. I think my muscles needed the break. I did crash a group therapy session which was being held right outside my room door. Ot was range of motion stuff.

Today is going to be much the same as yesterday. Apparently therapy is so many hours a week and weekend therapy is make up for what you missed.

Top Bottom