Guess who is in the horsepistol with a broken hip..femur!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I was going to discharge myself against Doctors orders until I was told my insurance wouldn’t cover anything is something went wrong.
    Did the medical staff tell you that or your insurance company? No matter, it worked and so you stayed. Hope it all went okay for you. :)

For disclosure, I don't do insurance - and, imo, things can just as easily go wrong following Doctor's orders as not.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Well I was released yesterday and came home today was my first full day at home and I went grocery shopping. The wife beat me home by a day or two but everything's okay. The leg hurts more than it did in therapy because I've been using it more.

We're both having to make adjustments until various things. Two walkers and two wheelchairs means you have to rearrange the seating at the table.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Well I was released yesterday and came home today was my first full day at home and I went grocery shopping. The wife beat me home by a day or two but everything's okay. The leg hurts more than it did in therapy because I've been using it more.

We're both having to make adjustments until various things. Two walkers and two wheelchairs means you have to rearrange the seating at the table.
    Our lives change as we get older. My wife fell the other day, didn't get hurt, I couldn't pick her up. I told her I would have to call for help. Of course she doesn't want to admit we are getting to a point were we will have to ask for help. We did manage to get her up. I worry about falling, especially in the shower. I've learned to take things slower, don't move without thinking.
    Glad you are both home.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I'll tell you this, breaking my femur has taught me a lot. I have new respect for those who live with a wheelchair or a walker. I never understood how difficult it is until now.

Having to maneuver a walker into the bathroom and just to use the toilet is a real pain. Going out on the back patio isn't hard but I have to watch the threshold so I don't trip. Using the wheelchair to go out it is easier to either back in or out so the big wheels hit the threshold first. The same is true for using our wheelchair ramp.

Today I took the car out for a test drive. It went well so I stopped by the pharmacy to pick up more pills. It is difficult to get in and out of the car and once in I have to fold up The Walker and drag it across and store it in the passenger seat. And of course getting out the process reverses.

This means that my wife and I can both go in the car but she's going to be a backseat driver.

This may be my last post on this subject I hope so. Thanks to all for your prayers and well wishes you don't know how much it helps.

Top Bottom