• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Went to Kroger to get the registration renewed on one of the cars a few minutes ago. It was a mad house. Almost turned around and went back home when I saw the parking lot. It was packed, and the lines for the fuel pumps were 3 and 4 deep. Fortunately the service counter wasn’t busy and I was in and out of there in just a few minutes.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    We still have bright skies here in Lake Jackson. The Dow bubble is holding strong!

Be patient. It's on it's way. :D

The 4:00 p.m. update shows Beryl at 65 mph sustained winds, so it's gained about 5 mph and is 9 mph from the Cat 1 threshold. Minimum pressure is 988 mb, and it's moving NNW at 12 mph.

Attachments

• Beryl_satellite_07-07-1600.jpg
      Beryl_satellite_07-07-1600.jpg
      171.9 KB · Views: 46

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    First of the bands over the house now. Fairly heavy rain (looks like it'll be about 15-20mins worth), some wind but nothing to worry about, power still on (like I needed an excuse to stay in, lol!).

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    I just wish the stupid hurricane would get on with it.
    Seems like it hasn’t moved 40 miles all day.
    Stupid hurricane

It ain't pretending to be a Ferrari, that's for sure.

The 7:00 p.m. update: has strengthened to 70 mph max sustained winds. Pressure about the same at 987 mb. The center is at 27.1°N 95.6°W and still moving NNW at 12 mph.

To locate it on Google Maps, paste in 27°06'00.0"N 95°36'00.0"W, then zoom out a few times until you see the coastline. It's about 103 miles SSE of Matagorda Bay. Or was; that was 50 minutes ago and it should have traveled another 10 miles since then.

Beryl's moving at about the same speed we'll see long distance runners average in the Paris Olympics. At this rate, we have about 7 3/4 hours until actual landfall of the eye.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    The outer outer rains are done with us; we'll have stars until we don't; any bands will hit after midnight. 40mi N of Beaumont.

Will try to catch some sleep now, maybe long night ahead? My first hurricane, staying chill.
    If it’s still a hurricane by the time it reaches us it’ll be my first hurricane too.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I have stars above, for now.
    Latest track shows I'll be just off center on the dirty side or maybe catch the eye, 150mi after landfall.

Hoping all you peeps stay safe.

glenbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    We still have had almost no rain, but the wind is picking up. Radar shows that we might be in for a lot of rain. Well, we've done what we can and have to leave the rest up to God. This old house is 63 years old and still standing, we've been here for 28 hurricane seasons and are determined that this is our last one. We're moving north.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    The 1:00 a.m. July 8 update: Beryl is now a Cat 1 hurricane with sustained winds of 80 mph. It's slowed slightly and is now moving at 10 mph and headed almost due north; currently at 28°12'00.0"N 95°54'00.0"W. Pressure is 984 mb, down 3 from 7:00 p.m. The eye still has about 2 hours over open water at this pace, so some additional strengthening is possible.

Attached is a zoomed-in view of the current, projected path. There's a whole lot of people inside that target zone. Let's hope it doesn't get over a Cat 1, but even at that the 10 mph pace is worrisome. And to think that as of 7:00 a.m. July 4 we were thinking this might come ashore right at the Texas/Mexico border.

Attachments

• Beryl_path-at-0100-2024-07-08.jpg
      Beryl_path-at-0100-2024-07-08.jpg
      294.3 KB · Views: 43

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Looks like the eye will pass right over Katy. Wind and rain now @3am. Just hope power stays on. We had our fence in the backyard replaced after the big wind event last month.

Top Bottom