• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dartsinsa

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2018
    Katy, TX
    I am just south of 10 near the dumb Katy Mall....we had some power flicker out for 10 seconds or so, but is ok. Lost my back fence, which is no surprise, and it is pretty calm here now. Side fence came down last storm, and the replacement is rock solid, so I will try to get same guy to fix if I can (Chinese guy speaks no English). Fence doesn't bother me, it is 10 years old and was a crappy job when new, but I am a bit worried about my new truck in driveway (don't even have the license plates yet). Rain has not been that bad, but after Harvey my definition of bad certainly changed.
    I think the eye is pretty much over us now, hard to tell with this stupid tracker I am looking at.
    So far this has not been too bad here, all things considered.
    I hope others are doing as well or better, things can be a lot different just a few miles away. And of course we are only half way through it....
    Stay safe....

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Lost power at roughly 3:30, Dickinson/Texas City. Wind has taken out a few trees in my neighborhood. Qute a few fences are down. Some neighbors have had some siding ripped and a few roof shingles here and there. A handful of gazebos are gone another neighbor has an aluminum shed that has both ends blown in.

A tree fell and is blocking half a street, some guy is currently trying to break it down with what appears to be a hacksaw.

Another guy was trying to tie his aluminum/glass gazebo (what was left of it) to a palm tree.

dartsinsa

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2018
    Katy, TX
    Just walked out the driveway in this dead calm, and only see one tree down in neighborhood that did not hit anything. Don't see any roof damages. Some branches broken off, but all in all not bad. I can see several fences down, but like I said they were not well made and the neighborhood is 10 years old. Hopefully round 2 will be a bit less wind, but I guess I will know in another hour. Not that I would wish this on anyone, but it is pretty interesting and disconcerting to step out in dead calm.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    power outage 7 8 2024 1050.JPG

In SHECO's 10 county service area:

0945 - 18,465 w/o power
    1005 - 23,140
    1045 - 41,911