2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    In SHECO's 10 county service area:

0945 - 18,465 w/o power
    1005 - 23,140
    1045 - 41,911
    1200 - 53,791
    And we're one of them. Our good luck we're on the same spur/line as the nearby county shop and they get turned on pretty quick. Also, this was the first time we were able to test the Generlink hookup (not Generac) and figure out which circuits we'd want to power. Been a good morning; squalls are fun! :)

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    The power has flickered many times in the past few hours but is off now, I suspect for quite a while. :(

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Lost power at 4:50 this morning, wind and rain still going strong
    Power came back on again ~6:45. Flickered a few times but thought we would be okay. Right around 9am we started hearing electric buzzes going off in different directions, then lost power a few minutes later. Been without ever since. Did lose the back fence though. It dated back to at least 2002 and it was already starting to fall down before the winds came

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Ugh. FOX is reporting two fatalities in Houston area, both elderly who had trees fall on them in their homes.
    Keep moving, Beryl.

Truly sad. Why couldn't it have been a couple of dumbasses, driving around in a hurricane, and getting stuck at a low water crossing. Let the darn trees fall on them. Harsh? Maybe, but as I've gotten older, I'm losing more and more of my patience (not that I had much to begin with) with retards. That said, if that number were to remain at 2, that's pretty good. By what members here are saying, everyone is getting through with minimal damage (although @Rafe hasn't been here in a while, hope all is well).

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Power still out here. After getting the main system tweaked we set up the new small backup inverter generator that only runs the bdr window A/C that hubs needs now for medical reasons. Hopefully it won't have to run all night but can if need be.

Praying everyone made it through this okay...with just cleanup and small fixes ahead.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    IMG_8799.png

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Power still out here. After getting the main system tweaked we set up the new small backup inverter generator that only runs the bdr window A/C that hubs needs now for medical reasons. Hopefully it won't have to run all night but can if need be.

Praying everyone made it through this okay...with just cleanup and small fixes ahead.
    Hope you get power sooner than we're supposed to.

It's looking like a few days, or more.

Top Bottom