• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    So far so good. The wind is still too high to go out but from what my wife and I can see from the windows it looks OK.
    I spoke with my dad, their power is out but he’s got a generator going with plenty of gas. The lady across the street had her tree blown down.

I hear Angleton got hit pretty bad.

I live near Missouri City, I lost power at about 5:30 this morning. Looks like there’s some roof damage. Luckily no downed trees. I haven’t done any exploring yet, my next door neighbors had their gutters torn off.

Last edited:

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    A friend of ours has a house on stilts on the coast. Not thier primary residence.
    Siding ripped off, windows broken, but still standing.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    They’re raking in major overtime pay , double time and more .
    I worked for a big utility and these type of outages made for great paychecks.
    I never made double time.
    And honestly hated every hour on the clock during hurricane restoration.
    I did get satisfaction from helping people get back to kinda normal though.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Turns out my generator won't get my AC going. But i got power at work, so i guess I'll camp there.

My boss will undoubtedly be happy.

Buy yourself a window unit for a bedroom, that's what we did.

Although my big generator wouldn't start, and my 3k watt isn't large enough.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    By what members here are saying, everyone is getting through with minimal damage (although @Rafe hasn't been here in a while, hope all is well).

You noticed! :) Power went out at 05:40 and just came back on 30 minutes ago, at 22:10. I'm pretty much right on the Houston/Katy line and got about as much wind as expected, but what feels like less rain. I haven't checked the official county gauges, but no street flooding. Also no significant tree damage in sight other than some smaller branches that dropped (though I have a relative near New Caney where a tree fell and rammed a branch through the roof of their spare bedroom; they're not happy campers).

Oh, and for those who may be members, PSC in Friendswood is closed until further notice while they clean up; check their website before you go.

All in all, I think we dodged one. Ended up a stern reminder of what a Cat 4 or 5 storm on the same path can do, and how these things can shift around.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Buy yourself a window unit for a bedroom, that's what we did.

Although my big generator wouldn't start, and my 3k watt isn't large enough.
    No need for that when i have all the comforts of home right here.

20240708_232138.jpg

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Finally able to get on-line for a bit.
    Cell service has been off all day yesterday.
    My house survived. Roof tile damage is all.
    Town is a wreck. Trees down everywhere. Many have fallen on power lines and houses.
    I spent yesterday morning chainsawing away trees so people could get out of their streets
    Power is out to most of town. A few sections have power. Buc-ee’s on 2004/old Angleton road and College are open and have gas but huge lines.
    Lowe’s was open yesterday. Walmart isn’t.
    I’m getting along with my little Honda generaror.
    No A/C or refridge but a few fans and lights.
    Stupid hurricane

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    You noticed! :) Power went out at 05:40 and just came back on 30 minutes ago, at 22:10. I'm pretty much right on the Houston/Katy line and got about as much wind as expected, but what feels like less rain. I haven't checked the official county gauges, but no street flooding. Also no significant tree damage in sight other than some smaller branches that dropped (though I have a relative near New Caney where a tree fell and rammed a branch through the roof of their spare bedroom; they're not happy campers).

Oh, and for those who may be members, PSC in Friendswood is closed until further notice while they clean up; check their website before you go.

All in all, I think we dodged one. Ended up a stern reminder of what a Cat 4 or 5 storm on the same path can do, and how these things can shift around.
    Of course I noticed, if for no other reason than I was missing your updates (why go anywhere else when I've got all I need right here. LOL!). Glad to hear you're OK and no damage.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Of course I noticed, if for no other reason than I was missing your updates (why go anywhere else when I've got all I need right here. LOL!). Glad to hear you're OK and no damage.

:D I actually had been capturing each every-three-hours NOAA update map and intended to use Photoshop to build them into an animated GIF. Last one I got was 01:00 on the 8th. Once it was clear that Beryl was going to come right across the top of us, I shut down all the home office stuff in preparation for the storm's arrival, so the sequential captures ended up being a wasted effort. But the steady march of the forecast cone from northern Mexico to Houston was pretty illustrative of how these things get pulled around by prevailing conditions, and why you gotta keep an eye on them. Er, no pun intended...

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Finally able to get on-line for a bit.
    Cell service has been off all day yesterday.
    My house survived. Roof tile damage is all.
    Town is a wreck. Trees down everywhere. Many have fallen on power lines and houses.
    I spent yesterday morning chainsawing away trees so people could get out of their streets
    Power is out to most of town. A few sections have power. Buc-ee’s on 2004/old Angleton road and College are open and have gas but huge lines.
    Lowe’s was open yesterday. Walmart isn’t.
    I’m getting along with my little Honda generaror.
    No A/C or refridge but a few fans and lights.
    Stupid hurricane
    Try and stay cool today @Moonpie. Don’t try to work too much.

Top Bottom