Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    A few years ago (over 15 years now that I think about it) I considered buying an ex-commercial space in Dayton and turning it into a residence. It had a generator, a large V8 diesel engine attached to the biggest generator I've seen outside of some units I saw during a tour of a C5 Galaxy at Kelly AFB when I was a kid. It had its own dedicated room with a giant radiator set in an outside wall with ducting to keep the air moving and the engine cool. IIRC, there was a 200 gallon tank for diesel.

No need to fear power outages there.

The place was incredibly cheap but would have required 30+ times the purchase price to get it livable so I passed. There are times I regret that decision.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    7/19/24

We've been on a boil water notice since Beryl. I finally called the water company today and asked how much longer, which she couldn't answer, and that lead to when were the samples dropped at the lab. A transfer to someone who knows but thrives on repetitive redundancy :( and I learned they were dropped today. Mutha panker, that means Monday at best and likely Tuesday or later! :mad:

I haven't smelled or seen a poor quality indicator throughout so screw that, I'm consuming piped water when I get home. :what:
    Boil notice ended today. :facepalm:
    I've been using the tap water throughout and didn't throw up any more than when I've been pregnant.

Top Bottom