Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Some significant changes from NOAA since the 04:00 update. Twelve hours later the mainland landfall probability has moved more toward Texas. The midline of the cone is now smack on Corpus Christi with estimated landfall at 13:00 Monday. Conditions aren't likely to push the storm back south toward Mexico. If anything, I think we might see a little more northerly turn. Not a massive storm, but I believe the Texas Gulf Coast is getting its first hurricane of the season...only a week into the season. Prep early and stay safe out there, friends.

The 16:00 update:

204723_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    My spidey sesnses have been tingling on this one. I think its going to track more north once its in the Bay of Campeche. I'm in Lake Jackson on the difference in a Corpus Christi landfall to a Freeport landfall is only a little more north turn. I'm not sure if I will leave for a Cat1 but I have been getting window covers sorted out.

I am in a good place with a Generac in case of power outage.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Conditions are right for it to intensify once it gets back out over the warm water. I'm going to pick up an extra bag of chips tomorrow.

Yep. And the nudge to the north means that it stays over open water longer before landfall. The 04:00 forecast had landfall at 01:00 Monday; the 16:00 track has it over water for 12 additional hours. With any luck, it'll pick up speed. If not, I think a Cat 2 landfall is likely.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Harvey was supposed to be a category 1 or Category 2 also but by the time it hit it was four plus I will say that riding a hurricane out at night is a little uneasy but we've been there before

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    What a difference 24 hours makes. The NOAA 04:00 update is in, and it looks very different than what we saw this time yesterday. Doesn't look like there's any question left about whether Beryl will be a Texas storm. Now we watch for strength, size, and more precise landfall estimates. So much for the plans I had Monday...

091932_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Top Bottom