• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Good Morning Texicans. My buddy in Montana, who lurks here as "@mountainbull", is scheduled to have brain surgery Wednesday. A few positive thoughts would be appreciated. There is a lump the size of an egg in or on the brain causing memory loss and speech issues.

ETA: Sorry to hear about @popsgarland
    Prayers up for @mountainbull

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    Good Morning Texicans. My buddy in Montana, who lurks here as "@mountainbull", is scheduled to have brain surgery Wednesday. A few positive thoughts would be appreciated. There is a lump the size of an egg in or on the brain causing memory loss and speech issues.

ETA: Sorry to hear about @popsgarland
    IMG_1559.jpeg

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Hey Tejikanz,

If any of you know Mrs. Popsgarland personally?

Please, please tell her to be mindful of scam artists!

My Bride passed 4 yrs ago (cancer)....and the latest scam attempt was this past Spring....until today! Just tossed a scam mail (addressed to her) in the trash a few minutes ago...

If any "credit firm/card/loan/insurance etc" scam firm were to contact Mrs. Popsgarland? Advise her to check with her local Bank Branch (hopefully they were not dealing with Bank of America or Wells Fargo)...her attorney...

Someone she can meet in person. Face to face...

The scam "artists" read the obituary page and they have a plethora of scams to prey on the widow/widower/bereaved!

(was asked by a friend to speak with a bereaved Widow last Fall....she had a stack of mail and a collection of txts/emails from scammers...some looked almost legit...I showed her how to look at the "email address" and am sure I helped, along with my friend from letting this poor widow be scammed)

The scams look "official"....and some of the "small stuff" scams are only asking for "$20" to check if the deceased "owed" any outstanding debt.

DO NOT! DO NOT! send any money to anyone! DO NOT! DO NOT! give any credit/banking info to any one!

The local Bank Manager should be able to help steer clear of scams....(some scams "appear" to be from a person's bank...THEY ARE NOT!)

Later, Mark

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Thanks @General Zod !

Spare Parts showed up a little over two years ago...

I have been trying to get a pic of his "Sausage Face".

One nostril/one eye & one ear standing straight up! in the corner of the storm door.....

He goes out of his mind for breakfast sausage links! :christmas:

If you note, in the "Bacon Face".... there are no nostrils, two eyes & both ears folded over... :green:

We will be having Bacon tomorrow....
    I am a dog psychology expert and can tell that you have mistaken "Hey, you have AC! face" for "bacon face".

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    There's nothing to scrape the scab off a wound like having to prove to multiple disinterested parties that someone is, in fact, dead.
    My father died long before the internet. We ordered 20 certified copies of his death certificate while we were at the hospital. I don't know how mom knew to do that but we used them all. Nothing shuts up people trying to talk to your dead father like handing them what is, essentially, an original death certificate.

When Mom died, I did the same. I didn't need them all but when they were needed, the ability to reach into my briefcase and hand one to a bank officer, for example, was priceless.

When my sis dies, I'll probably just get 10; I doubt I'll need more. But I'm sure I'll need a few.

To use your simile, it makes ripping off that scab less painful and far faster.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    My father died long before the internet. We ordered 20 certified copies of his death certificate while we were at the hospital. I don't know how mom knew to do that but we used them all. Nothing shuts up people trying to talk to your dead father like handing them what is, essentially, an original death certificate.

When Mom died, I did the same. I didn't need them all but when they were needed, the ability to reach into my briefcase and hand one to a bank officer, for example, was priceless.

When my sis dies, I'll probably just get 10; I doubt I'll need more. But I'm sure I'll need a few.

To use your simile, it makes ripping off that scab less painful and far faster.

Oh, we requested multiple copies for exactly that reason. The problem was having to argue with a bill collector just to get the address to send it to, and then having it ignored the first couple of times and having to send multiple copies to the collection agency to get them to STFU.

The fact that we were in the age of the internet (2010) at least made it possible to track down the dipshit that opened the credit card account and sic the Houston PD on him. Having a case number for identity theft and credit fraud along with the death certificate helped.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    Afternoon. Up very early today and on the road.
    In Wichita Falls this week. Or at least most of it
    I like that part of the country. Dad was stationed at Ft. Sill and we lived in Geronimo OK for about 5 years. I had an Uncle who was an army vet who served in Viet-nam. He became a civilian mechanic at Sheppard Air Base.
    Not that it's any of my business, but what-ya doing in that neck of the woods.
    (Actually up there I suppose it'd be neck of the Johnson grass.)

Top Bottom