• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I bought a Winchester MD 70 in .270 from the Rod and Gun club on Kadena AB, Okinawa in 1973. I was 19. Took it to my next base in Mt. Where I hunted with it a few times, harvesting nothing. Sold it buy something else.
    Guns International

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    My first was an HK VP70Z. I was 21, and had just gotten my CWP. I carried it for a while, as I continued to search for the gun I wanted: an HK P7M8. I found one eventually and carried it for many years. I still have both.
    I regret selling a VP70Z I had. I bought it for like $350 and had 5 magazines, and a local gun shop offered me a trade for a stainless Kimber LE in the late 90's or so. The Kimber was rated good back then, and the VP70Z was bulky and had a horrible trigger. But I loved taking it apart, and how the firing pin twisted out. No tools needed and it was the first polymer pistol.

Plinker300

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Katy
    Like many others I received a Ruger 10/22 as a gift at 16. I have bought several since then.
    I always dismissed the .22lr as a useless round. Not good for defense, not good for hunting. (Except for squirrels). Then I inherited a 10/22. The .22lr has become my favorite round! I own several bolt action and semiautomatic rifles, and a pistol. If only I had opened my eyes earlier! I missed out on a lot of good times..

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    I saved all my lawn mowing, snow shoveling and newspaper delivery money for two years and bought an Anshutz Prone Match .22. I think my Dad helped with $100 or so. The dealer called during the day and told my Mom he would bring it home with him. After dinner I rode my bike over to his house and picked it up.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Ruger single six with 22 Magnum cylinder.
    15 years old
    Dad had to pick it up for me due to my age.
    Worked all summer long to earn the money. Was $99
    Still have it. Going to gift it to my buddies first born.
    Bought mine in1959 at the same age - Dad was with me.
    Still have it in my safe…..

722653CF-8FA9-4FB6-8D78-ED3235298966.jpeg

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    What was the first firearm you bought? Were you over or under 21 years old? Do you still have it?

I was under 21, pre 1994 firearm ban, and 30 years later still have it. It’s kind of my go to firearm still.

I was 16, bought a black powder 1851 navy reproduction, already had a 22 Marlin and a Winchester 30-30 from dad.

BigD6765

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2016
    Dallas
    What was the first firearm you bought? Were you over or under 21 years old? Do you still have it?

I was under 21, pre 1994 firearm ban, and 30 years later still have it. It’s kind of my go to firearm still.

Mine was a XD40 (in my 30's). Until then, I was still using the guns of my youth and a few I had inherited. I wasn't into handguns much until then. It started quite the addiction though, that's for sure.

BostonJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2022
    Wimberley
    Was given a 10/22 by my Dad at about 12-13. That gun disappeared a long time ago. First purchased with my own money was a Glock 22. Still have that.

Top Bottom