• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pdyson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    War surplus German Mauser, I was 15

There was an oak whiskey barrel full of k98s at the local grocery store for $20 each. I picked one with the best wood, but seems it had the worst barrel. it shot a 12” group at 25 yards. It actually shot more like a pattern than a group.

It was stolen out of my parents garage some Months later…I didn’t care. Hell if he would have asked for it, I would have given him the rest of the 1 box of ammo I bought for it.

Bills2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    I was about 12 years old and bought with my mowing money a second hand Sears 22 single shot. No I don't still have it.

TGT77095

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2016
    Apache Black Remington Nylon 66 purchased way, way before age 21. I walked into the Gibson's Discount Store, handed them my money, and they handed me that beautiful rifle. Still have it, still shoot it, and it is still my favorite rifle purchase (now worth about 5 times what I paid for it, although I will never part with it):
    1698973054485.jpeg

Last edited:

Pdyson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Apache Black Remington Nylon 66 purchased way, way before age 21. I walked into the Gibson's Discount Store, handed them my money, and they handed me that beautiful rifle. Still have it, still shoot it, and it is still my favorite rifle purchase (now worth about 5 times what I paid for it, although I will never part with it): View attachment 413475
    Wish I still had mine, can’t recall what happened to it. Last I recall seeing it was when a rotated back to the States from a remote tour in Korea 1983. We had to process through Customs when we landed in Kansas City. I had the 22, a remington 30-06, and a 12ga shotgun in a foamlined wood box I built. Customs guy made me
    open it, took my word that they were all unloaded, and he handled every gun in the box. He even shouldered them, looked down the sights at the ceiling and commented how “nice” he thought they were. They were not red tagged, there was ammo in the box, and the case was not even locked…I didn’t think to put a lock on it when I built it. I carried the box to a commercial airline and checked it in for the final leg and the airline agent put a red “unloaded” tag inside and outside the box. Fast forward to the 1990s and I’d probably still be in prison. I do miss that Nylon 66
    though, it was a shooter.

red-f40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2014
    Grapevine
    A Mosin-Nagant from Big 5. I told my wife that it was a piece of history. After that, I moved on to CMP firearms and now built my own firearm of many types.

Lumberjack545

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2021
    Frisco
    What was the first firearm you bought? Were you over or under 21 years old? Do you still have it?

I was under 21, pre 1994 firearm ban, and 30 years later still have it. It’s kind of my go to firearm still.

Colt Series 80 Mark IV 1911 in SS. Was over 21 and still have it...

ffrokix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    Austin, TX
    A Walther PP, in the rod and gun club in Berlin. For $62.50 American. Yes, a long time ago, but a flaming bargain even at the time. Plus, it is not only not a Smith and Wesson, it's not a Manhurin, either, but a genuine Ulm/Donau manufacture.

I was 20 years old.

And, yes, it is smooth as silk. A joy to shoot.

Top Bottom