• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    What was the first firearm you bought? Were you over or under 21 years old? Do you still have it?

I was under 21, pre 1994 firearm ban, and 30 years later still have it. It’s kind of my go to firearm still.

GLOCK Model 19 - Generation 3 in the late 90's.

I was in my late 40's.

I bought about 15 or so guns from my one dealer and had my own favorite salesman back in my former state. Family owned, not my family, small and well known business.

They were GOOD people!

I sold that specific pistol before I moved out west and AFTER my late husband died. It was the ONLY 9mm firearm that I owned back east. I sold and gifted a few of my guns before I moved out west.

Later on, out here, my MT husband and I owned a couple of Generation 3 - Glock 19 pistols.

(WE do not own anything in a 9mm caliber right now.)

I no longer own, shoot or carry handguns.

With that said, IF I did not have some of my old age, old accident injuries, bad flareups on and off with arthritis, etc. - I would still own, shoot and carry ALL of my past firearms.

I loved ALL of them, they served me well and I personally never owned a 'bad gun' like some people complain about.

I still ADORE many former Smith and Wesson d/a revolvers in CF and in RF and 2 of their semi automatic pistols in the Model 41 and 22A.

That goes for the former RUGER single action revolvers in 45Long Colt - BLACKHAWK, 357Magnum - BLACKHAWK, and several RUGER super single action sixes - convertibles - 22lr/22wmr too!

I loved the former rifles too! Lever action rifles, one single shot, etc.

The last 2 rifles of mine (Bolt action.) went to my husband (Gift!) but I still shoot them. IF it is not too cold out for my hands even with my shooting gloves on and off, I want to shoot them on Friday or next week.

CZ 457 Lux in 22lr and in 22wmr.

I might (?) shoot his CZ SCOUT rifle and his CZ TRAINING rifle too.

Old Lady Cate
    ARJ Defense ad

HarryK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2020
    Annetta, TX
    What was the first firearm you bought? Were you over or under 21 years old? Do you still have it?

I was under 21, pre 1994 firearm ban, and 30 years later still have it. It’s kind of my go to firearm still.

In 1992, I bought a S&W 3913 at the LA Police Academy Store. I was 28 (late gunner), and I still have it and I occasionally carry it.

TiradorTico

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2021
    Tomball
    Ruger single six with 22 Magnum cylinder.
    15 years old
    Dad had to pick it up for me due to my age.
    Worked all summer long to earn the money. Was $99
    Still have it. Going to gift it to my buddies first born.
    Mine was the same. I was 16. Worked in the grocery store to pay for it. My FFL worked at the high school. I got called to the office one day with a package addressed to me sent to the school from “Sturm, Ruger, and Company”. I stuck it in my locker and went back to class.

Still have it, in fact she’s getting a new front sight soon!

Chris.Blaschke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    Richmond
    My first firearm I bought was a used Winchester Model 101 12 gauge O/U. I was 15 years old. My Dad took me to buy it after I found It in the Tacoma Washington classified ads. I withdrew $400 in $100 bills from my credit union on McCord AFB. I’d earned the money working for a German landscaper when we lived over there.

I still have it. I paid Briley almost twice what I paid For it to resolder the vent rib and reblue the barrels a few years ago. It still shows all the love marks on the receiver and the stock from almost 50 years of use.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Mine was the same. I was 16. Worked in the grocery store to pay for it. My FFL worked at the high school. I got called to the office one day with a package addressed to me sent to the school from “Sturm, Ruger, and Company”. I stuck it in my locker and went back to class.

Still have it, in fact she’s getting a new front sight soon!

Welcome to the Forum!

dsthompson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2023
    Austin

15 -pump air rifle
    16 - Ruger 10-22
    17 - Gift of a Ruger Super Blackhawk

King76

Hmmm, I wonder…sometimes wander…
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    Brenham
    Bought my 1st firearm in 1983 as a college graduation gift to myself…Ruger M77 in 270 with a glossy Leupold Vari-X II 3x9. Still have both. Just recently sent the scope back to Leupold as it no longer tracked. They replaced the guts….

Prior to that, Santa left me an Ithaca single shot lever .22 when I was in the 3rd grade. That .22 dispatched quite a few water moccasins, rabbits and squirrels. Still have it.. Santa left me a Remington 870 12 gauge when I was in the 7th grade…which has dispatched quite a few ducks, doves and quail…..still have it also.

I know my answers go beyond the question, but it brought back some very fond memories…. Thanks for starting this thread…

Tacticaloptions

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Feb 11, 2022
    Humble, TX
    1984, 21st birthday, HK P7M8, has been carried daily since, had it worked over by Grayguns a couple of years ago, they also refinished it, even better today then back then
    IMG_0052.jpeg

oldwisemonk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2023
    San Antonio
    Smith & Wesson SD9 VE. I was well over 21. I no longer have it, and I don't miss it. That being said, it was a fantastic intro pistol to help me figure out what matches with how I shoot.

Cassivellaunus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2023
    Arlington, TX
    Universal Arms .30 M1 carbine. I was 20 yrs. old bought it at a pawn shop in Phoenix. The thing with that rifle was it threw the brass up and over my head until about the third or fourth mag then it would just throw the brass into my forehead.

dbaker49

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013

SIG P226 9mm
    over 21
    Yes

tvone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    I wanted a Colt 1911 in the worst way. I had other firearms that were gifts from my father, but I wanted a Blue, 5" Government 1911 with walnut grips. On my 21st birthday, I walked into the gun shop and paid top dollar for one. I didn't care, I read every book, article, and story about the 1911 I could find.

This was not golden years for Colt. 1983 was during the time of the finger style bushing. Cosmetically, it looked great, but was a dismal performer.

First magazine, the front sight fell off. Jamm-o-matic from that point on. Oversized dovetail for the rear sight. 6" plus groups with any type of ammo from sandbags at 25 yards.

I threw hundred's if not thousands of dollars at it to make it my perfect 1911. New sights, barrel, bushing, safeties, probably all of the internal parts and finally had the 1911 I had always wanted.

I had it at my local gunsmith for some checkering, and never saw it again. He had been locked out for non-payment of rent, and was totally broke. I contacted the bankruptcy attorney to get my gun back and it was not listed in the inventory. He had sold it a few weeks before going out of business. I tracked him down to another state and found out he had absolutely nothing to get from suing him

It may be 40 years ago, but I still remember the name of the shop and gunsmith. It was a shame really, he was really talented, and did some interesting work with making internal barrel compensators on Beretta 92's. DFW Guns & Ammo, Irving, TX.

ck11

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    Browning Gold Hunter 12guage when I was about 12yrs old for $600 from a guy that won it in a raffle.

Bought a Browning Maxus on my 18th birthday at a store.

Top Bottom