What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Damn. I bet those were screaming.
    Im not actually sure what the velocity was on those. Its been years since i loaded for him. I did shoot a 460 Weatherby magnum once. That probably actually moved faster and might actually use 84gr of powder as well. Im gonna a have to look at that just out of curiosity.

Out of everything I've ever shot that was among the most unenjoyable rifles ever. It was a ruger Alaskan of something. Real light weight. Imagine a 50 caliber but light enough it could be a pellet rifle. After three rounds I'd had my fun and I passed it off to someone else. It was also about $5 bucks a round in 15 years ago pricing.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    b8bb50e2a8a0d88d4e66bbe7d308ebdb.jpg

It appears 22 reloads on this batch of brass is the max limit.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Found some 10 gauge rifled slugs. 550 gr. Loaded them up in solid brass cases in front of 106 gr. CTG black powder. 1/8" over powder card, 1/2" lubed fiber wad, another 1/8" card then the lubed slug. Topped with an over shot card sealed with waterglass.
    20230916_154307.jpg

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Just ordered an new bullet mold for the 50-140 Sharps. 600 gr. with a gas check.
    Maybe I can bang the gong at 1000 yds!

I think that would be a tough one. I imagine that bullet is going to drop like a rainbow after a few hundred yards.

I did just have an interesting conversation with a guy about making slugs with hot glue. Wonder how those would work in that 10ga.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Lol...just got to arc that rainbow a little bit more!
    As far as slugs out of hot glue? Not sure how that would work...I have heard of filling the cavity with hot glue to keep the wad from getting stuck in the void....but not sure if that is a real problem.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    We started talking about hot glue bullets in a 9mm with a magnum primer and no powder to shoot each other with. That graduated to 12ga slugs with just a primer and eventually wondering what it would do to a person with a full powder charge behind it.

Edit to add: we are not doing this and I in no way condone trying this. Just a couple guys at work talking trash.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Ok. I think I understand. Like a less than lethal round/ rubber bullet idea. I doubt the hot glue would hold together upon leaving the barrel.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    We started talking about hot glue bullets in a 9mm with a magnum primer and no powder to shoot each other with. That graduated to 12ga slugs with just a primer and eventually wondering what it would do to a person with a full powder charge behind it.

Edit to add: we are not doing this and I in no way condone trying this. Just a couple guys at work talking trash.

Sorry, I just re-read the post. First I would distance myself from idiots that want to "shoot at each other". They should have their weapons removed.
    People like that give the rest of us a bad name.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    a818b243fe0b8d1729b7e07b6ae2d685.jpg

Called frankford arsenal for a spring replacement for my swager, they said it will be at my house in 2-3 days, a whole new unit shows up…
    I need to call them tomorrow and see what’s up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    a818b243fe0b8d1729b7e07b6ae2d685.jpg

Called frankford arsenal for a spring replacement for my swager, they said it will be at my house in 2-3 days, a whole new unit shows up…
    I need to call them tomorrow and see what’s up.

Aside from the spring, how has this worled for you

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    Aside from the spring, how has this worled for you

You have to make sure you test your brass after you do a couple, you don’t want to do a big batch and find out you either have to do it again or you have loose pockets.
    I don’t have anything to compare it to as I used to rim the crimps before . I would say it’s better than removing material from the case.

Reactions: MTA
    Top Bottom