Patriot Mobile

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    a818b243fe0b8d1729b7e07b6ae2d685.jpg

Called frankford arsenal for a spring replacement for my swager, they said it will be at my house in 2-3 days, a whole new unit shows up…
    I need to call them tomorrow and see what’s up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's just how they are actually. I've had 2 experiences with them very similar. Their warranty is great.

They replaced a complete piledriver bullet puller because the handle broke. When I got my wet tumbler there was residue all over it so I asked them what it was and they said there wad a sample of their cleaning solution in the box that must have opened up. They sent me a chole 32oz bottle of the solution because the 1oz packet opened up.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    You have to make sure you test your brass after you do a couple, you don’t want to do a big batch and find out you either have to do it again or you have loose pockets.
    I don’t have anything to compare it to as I used to rim the crimps before . I would say it’s better than removing material from the case.

I use the RCBS die set which is great once its set up but requires re-setup if you switch from 5.56 to .x51. Pain in the ass but negated if you just buy two of them. It has given extremely consistent results though so I am overall happy with it.

That one looks like switching between the two primer sizes would be much easier and is a dedicated bench accessory which I like.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I use the RCBS die set which is great once its set up but requires re-setup if you switch from 5.56 to .x51. Pain in the ass but negated if you just buy two of them. It has given extremely consistent results though so I am overall happy with it.

That one looks like switching between the two primer sizes would be much easier and is a dedicated bench accessory which I like.

I bought a Lee Auto Prime which is a hand tool. Usually prime while I’m watching tv. Nice to be able to do a reloading process while not at the bench.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    That's just how they are actually. I've had 2 experiences with them very similar. Their warranty is great.

They replaced a complete piledriver bullet puller because the handle broke. When I got my wet tumbler there was residue all over it so I asked them what it was and they said there wad a sample of their cleaning solution in the box that must have opened up. They sent me a chole 32oz bottle of the solution because the 1oz packet opened up.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

They confirmed that they sent a new unit because they were out of stock on the spring…

wickll

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2022
    Victoria, TX
    Today I tested some 223 loads in my AR. Since I am a low volume loader and have only a single stage press, I never thought I would load for the AR, esp. in 223. I have been reloading for my bolt action 223 and 300 blackout, but figured the AR needs some quality ammo as well. lol.

Tried some of my 70 gr speer Varmint and some 55 gr Hornady softpoints over W748. Pleased with the results. Nice groups and 3000 fps on the 55 gr. and 2700 fps on the 70 gr. Speers. That should work on some hogs.

After shooting those throught the Chrono, I decided to shoot some old "junk" shells which I probably should throw away. Keep in mind these shells may be 25 years old. I was shocked to see they were mainly shooting around 1500 and 1600 fps. I don't know if the powder degraded or what.

Reactions: MTA

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Today I tested some 223 loads in my AR. Since I am a low volume loader and have only a single stage press, I never thought I would load for the AR, esp. in 223. I have been reloading for my bolt action 223 and 300 blackout, but figured the AR needs some quality ammo as well. lol.

Tried some of my 70 gr speer Varmint and some 55 gr Hornady softpoints over W748. Pleased with the results. Nice groups and 3000 fps on the 55 gr. and 2700 fps on the 70 gr. Speers. That should work on some hogs.

After shooting those throught the Chrono, I decided to shoot some old "junk" shells which I probably should throw away. Keep in mind these shells may be 25 years old. I was shocked to see they were mainly shooting around 1500 and 1600 fps. I don't know if the powder degraded or what.

I’ve used the Speer 70 grain soft point outta my AR on a few hogs. I think I had used H-322 for them though. They proved to be more accurate than I expected.

Popped 3 hogs in the head with them and it made them drt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

Ive loaded a few thousand 223 on my single stage. Never again :laughing:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Ive loaded a few thousand 223 on my single stage. Never again :laughing:
    I used to buy SPs for range time from Dallas Reloaders at gun shows. Usually 1k at a time. But loaded my hunting rounds on my Lee 4hole turret press. Normal loading was 50-100 at a time.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I was GOING TO cast some hollow base 45-70. But just as the melt was ready to flux, POOF, the element went capooy. Its an old Lee, been good to me so far. Damnit I had the rest of the day to cast, so I guess its Shiner time.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    I was GOING TO cast some hollow base 45-70. But just as the melt was ready to flux, POOF, the element went capooy. Its an old Lee, been good to me so far. Damnit I had the rest of the day to cast, so I guess its Shiner time.
    You can come over and cast on mine!

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

srab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2023
    San Antonio
    Finally got around to starting workup today for a buddy's .38-40 WCF ( 130 yr old Model 1873 Winchester ). Purchased dies for it a year and a half ago. Took a while to source brass, bullets, primers, and powder.

Fun little rifle to shoot!

Top Bottom