Join TexasGunTalk

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Moonpie, Aug 6, 2015.

1. TxStetson

TxStetson Usually Here TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

H110 is what I use for my hot loads in 357 Magnum, and 44 Magnum. For light loads I use Blue Dot, Bullseye, or Unique, because they’re cheap and it doesn’t take much. Although you do have to be careful because the cases can usually hold a triple charge if you’re not paying attention.

SQLGeek likes this.
  2. rp-

rp- Well-Known

Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Aa9 is another good one for magnums.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

deemus likes this.
  3. xdmikey

xdmikey Active Member

Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I do the same, stretching out that powder!

I’m doing all my pistol loading on a turret and hand charging these days.

I did some number crunching today and it seems I have enough lead to produce about 8,000 147gr bullets! It seems I’ll be casting for a while.
    I just need to find a 9mm mold.

4. deemus

deemus my mama says I'm special

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I was online shopping after a few glasses of scotch one night. I bought jugs of #2, #5, #7 and #9. Still have not touched the #9.

SQLGeek, orbitup and rp- like this.
  5. rp-

rp- Well-Known

Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Jesus man my wife would murder me. How'd you get away with it?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

SQLGeek likes this.
  6. deemus

deemus my mama says I'm special

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    scene control.

;)

I heard the #9 is really good for 30 carbine.

SQLGeek likes this.
  7. Maverick44

Maverick44 Certified All-American Gun Nut

I made up some 7.62x39 loads to test. Now I just need the gun to test them in. :D

The bullet is a Lee 155gr cast bullets that I powder coated burnt orange. I'm trying out 2400, H4895, and BL-C(2).

I have high hopes for the 2400 loads. From what I read, they have good accuracy and function in a semi auto pretty well.

c31c597c60492ae1496bc7dda97665db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. avvidclif

avvidclif Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I have been loading 9's and 45's with Unique but am thinking about switching to TiteGroup as it's supposed to be cleaner and takes less. Thoughts?

I just thought I was nuts but at least I have a gun to shoot my reloads in>>>

Smile Mav, great Christmas presents BTW, lot's of Oohs and Ahhhs.

orbitup and Maverick44 like this.
  9. Maverick44

Maverick44 Certified All-American Gun Nut

I more or less phased out Unique for the same reason. It's super dirty. I don't have any experience with Titegroup, but have read that it's narrow window of safe loads makes it a less than forgiving powder. That's something to keep in mind if you use powder throwers or scoops.

My go to powder for 9mm and 45 acp (along with about a half dozen other rounds) is Bullseye. From what I understand they are very similar. I believe Bullseye is supposed to be a bit cleaner, but Titegroup is usually a couple of bucks per pound cheaper. Expect around a 0.4gr-0.6gr range from min to max for both powders in 9mm and 45 acp. I find that loads from mid range to just under max tend to be the most accurate for me.

https://www.speer-ammo.com/download...m_caliber_355-366_dia/9mm_Luger__124_rev1.pdf

https://www.speer-ammo.com/download...liber_451-454_dia/45_Automatic_230_TMJ_RN.pdf

The one for 45 ACP doesn't list Titegroup. According to Hodgdon, this is what the load for 45 ACP using Titegroup is. (it's a different bullet, but close enough)

45 acp titegroup.jpeg

I'm glad to hear that the pens were a hit. :D Thanks again!

10. Deavis

Deavis Active Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Titegeoup is ideal for both calibers, it is cleaner than bullseye or unique, position insensitive, and can be used in every conceivable pistol cartridge if you want. Hodgdon lists it all the way to 500S&W. It also has two slower variants in OEM and with those three powders you can load anything common with great results. Give it a try.