What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Here ya go.... don't ask me why I have one of these.....

ruler.jpeg

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Reminds me, I need to process some 308 brass. Working up some 168gr loads with FSP-749. It's an odd surplus powder cut into square flakes. I'm being stingy with my imr4064 and RE15 since I only have a few pounds of each. I need to revisit TAC loads too, they were showing promise before I over charged a few by 5gr. Lol. I have a mountain of it and need to put it to use. Of course it's been great with my 223 recipes so eventually I'll mow through it.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    It's been cool the last few evenings so I started loading some 223. I have a few hundred done but then noticed a few crushed cases. Not sure what's going on so I ordered a case gauge to check all that I loaded already. I'm gonna tear down the press for a cleaning and reset all my dies tonight and start again.

Also found 10mm HST bullets on American reloading so ordered some of those and some fmjs for the 10mm loads up next.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

TXTad

NRA Endowment Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2021
    Flower Mound, TX
    For the past several days, I've been slowly working through a box of 3 or 4 thousand once-fired .223 cases that my friend's widow gave me. He picked them up from whatever range the US Marshals practiced at in Dallas. Unfortunately, he only enjoyed 6 months of his retirement before he was killed in a motorcycle accident. He wasn't a reloader, so I'm not sure what his plans were for these cases. Maybe he was going to get me to load them for him at some point. :)

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    For the past several days, I've been slowly working through a box of 3 or 4 thousand once-fired .223 cases that my friend's widow gave me. He picked them up from whatever range the US Marshals practiced at in Dallas. Unfortunately, he only enjoyed 6 months of his retirement before he was killed in a motorcycle accident. He wasn't a reloader, so I'm not sure what his plans were for these cases. Maybe he was going to get me to load them for him at some point. :)

Sorry for your loss.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    During one of the many prior shortages I picked up some 700-X powder. I had used it for a while back in the 80's and it gives great results, but it doesn't play well with many volume powder measures. You can get some serious variation in charge weights due to the large flakes. It does seem to work OK with the RCBS Lil' Dandy if you tap it a little between throws and make sure the first actuation dumps, not the second. The only thing worse is it's brother 800-X (which I also have some of) that seems to be discontinued.

Enter the Lee Auto-Disk Electro-2000! O.K. I made up that name. I thought maybe some agitation would help the powder settle in the charge cavity. I haven't used it in a couple of years but I dug it out today, I want to use up my last pound of 700-X. I strapped an aquarium pump to one of the old rectangle Auto Disk measures and if I don't go too fast on the Dillion it throws plus or minus a tenth of a grain. I loaded 100 cast wadcutters in .38 Special.

20240725_165558.jpg

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Ordered a case of them-there Servicios Aventuras small pistol primers from NormaUSA. Free shipping over $150 and no additional hazmat. With Texas sales tax, $270 delivered. I had some problems with these initially but that turned out to be more about the tuned revolver than the primers. I did have 2 misfires after my initial failure but that was still the revolver I think. I've shot up the rest of the 2,000 I originally bought in other guns no problem. That revolver is going to the shop. I think I've worn it out.

Coon

Changing from glory to glory
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    Ordered a case of them-there Servicios Aventuras small pistol primers from NormaUSA. Free shipping over $150 and no additional hazmat. With Texas sales tax, $270 delivered. I had some problems with these initially but that turned out to be more about the tuned revolver than the primers. I did have 2 misfires after my initial failure but that was still the revolver I think. I've shot up the rest of the 2,000 I originally bought in other guns no problem. That revolver is going to the shop. I think I've worn it out.
    Is a case 5000?

Top Bottom