What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Just stripped out the 60" by 110" L Shaped nook in my garage of all the crap shelves the PO installed and I am building a work bench that will double as a reloading bench. So from reading and a few searches. Do I really need a 2" thick top. If its bolted to the wall. Or is the super thick tops the guys that are trying to one up each other so keep getting thicker ? As it stands with only 2 legs on it and no top its friggin solid. I put my 260 lbs on the inside corner of the L and do not get much flex. I plan on a 4x4 leg there so that will not move. Seems if I just glue and screw down a 3/4 plywood top the dang thing could hold up a tank.

Its 32" deep.

It doesn't necessarily have to be 2" thick but I would put more reinforcing cross members of some sort under it if I made it any thinner. Presses generally mount on the front edge of the bench and generate a lot of pressure in use, especially when re-sizing.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    If it is a dual purpose bench mount your press to a chunk of 2x and C clamp it down. That way you can move it when you need the bench for other projects.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Swung by Academy at lunch and bought the last 100ct bag of Remington 130gr FMJ .357 bullets. On sale for a good price.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I spent 10 minutes trying to find the bullet I dropped so the baby wouldn't eat it. I don't think she would, but better to have the bullet anyways. And there's the whole safety thing to. Mostly safety that my wife wouldn't have to kick my ass...

Other then that I finished another 500 9mm.

LFHenderson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Tested 50 rounds of 308 with 165 grn Accubonds pushed by TAC powder. Average 2665fps with 12.5 std dev.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Primed a couple hundred cases in preparation to load some of my highly sought after, hard to find, 55g Hornady Zombie bullets for my AR.

Everyone had the 50g bullets, but it took two years of searching around before I happened onto the 55g bullets. Loaded a few, and but haven't shot any yet. Decided I would go ahead and load all 500 of them. I'm guessing they shoot exactly like the red tip ballistic tips.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Red tips will only work for head shots, where as the green tips will work and you only have to hit them in the head.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Not to sound snarky, or anything, but the last time I looked, the Ruger M77 is a bolt action rifle, no gas port to speak of.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nothin.

Planned to load some .308 but had to work late.

Sent from my HAL 9000

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I bought my first 500 hard cast bullets from Bullet Works in Breckenridge
    38 cal 130gr RNFP
    I loaded them with 2.9 gr of Titegroup cause I cannt find any trail boss powder

Gonna shoot them later today
    Looking for a cowboy light load for the wife to plink with

Top Bottom