What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Finally finished those 300 .32 ACP for my wife's CZ 70.

Tomorrow, we go bang-bang. Take that out of context if you want to. :llama:

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Just stripped out the 60" by 110" L Shaped nook in my garage of all the crap shelves the PO installed and I am building a work bench that will double as a reloading bench. So from reading and a few searches. Do I really need a 2" thick top. If its bolted to the wall. Or is the super thick tops the guys that are trying to one up each other so keep getting thicker ? As it stands with only 2 legs on it and no top its friggin solid. I put my 260 lbs on the inside corner of the L and do not get much flex. I plan on a 4x4 leg there so that will not move. Seems if I just glue and screw down a 3/4 plywood top the dang thing could hold up a tank.

Its 32" deep.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Never glue a bench top.... Just trust me. When it breaks you'll thank me.

I don't think you need a 2" think tabletop. The existing "workbench" (I use that term loosely here) that the previous owner built in my garage consists of a 2x4 frame and a couple support boards in-between. The table it about 40" deep and probably 6-8 feet long. The top is just plywood. Each corner has 3 2x4s nailed together for support. I don't know what this guy thought he was putting up there but I'm pretty sure it could hold Clarke and one of his big girls on it for doing the dirty.

When I got my press I mounted it on the corner. I used some 3" screws and put 3 in it. They sink right into the frame on one and right into the monstrosity of a leg with the other 2.

I get a little flex when I'm sizing things I shouldn't be sizing. That's mostly my fault for doing things I shouldn't.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Got another hundred rounds drying of 9mm. They will end most of my bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think I've got a bunch of 9mm 115gr bullets I may load up tomorrow, or at least use up what brass I have left.

Sent from my HAL 9000

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Normally id be up for some... But I have another 700 ready for powder an bullets, plus another 500 from last weekend I haven't even taken out of the tumbler yet....

But yesterday I did another 500 9mm HAPs. They're so perdy

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Just stripped out the 60" by 110" L Shaped nook in my garage of all the crap shelves the PO installed and I am building a work bench that will double as a reloading bench. So from reading and a few searches. Do I really need a 2" thick top. If its bolted to the wall. Or is the super thick tops the guys that are trying to one up each other so keep getting thicker ? As it stands with only 2 legs on it and no top its friggin solid. I put my 260 lbs on the inside corner of the L and do not get much flex. I plan on a 4x4 leg there so that will not move. Seems if I just glue and screw down a 3/4 plywood top the dang thing could hold up a tank.

Its 32" deep.

rp pretty much covered everything I would have said to the work bench.

Top Bottom