• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    No judgement on the reader here, but she sounds like a kook.

Because the West didn't want to do business with russia, that is the same as invading a country?

She clearly doeant understand the economic constraints on the Ukrainian military and had they amassed at the border they would have likely been destroyed or by-passed within a few hours or days after the start of the war and there would probably be no Ukraine by now.

She has an interesting take for sure

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    <>

IDK

But, it keeps coming-up.

I won’t blame anyone for anything “BECAUSE” they are Jewish.

Sometimes old antisemitism masquerades as truth or fact.

We live in a sea of lies; lies of many origins, and with many intentions. . . . .

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The serious answer is you can only go into so much debt before your currency is completely worthless. The exchange rate when I was there in 2022 was 35-40грн/$ whoch was about double what it was before the war started (the Ukrainian buying power was halved). If youre not sure the commodity (Ukrainian money) will be sellable in the future the value goes down. A country deep in debt makes folks worried the debt won't be paid.

And again, while I cannot give a current market value of the latest aid package they values given are the "new" price, not the now price. A 2-million dollar piece of equipment that is being surplused may have a street value of only a couple of hundred thousand. We also get to stop paying maintenance costs which are significant as well.

I am far from an interventionalist, but I really do think this is a fight our nation should continue to be involved in WITH TRAINING AND EQUIPMENT and not troops.

<>

Biden has spent $1.6T more than was taken in.

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Then fück Joe Biden...

<>

Maybe, but a gallon jug of Splenda Tea cost me $1.88 until last year. It is now $3.45.

That is a 99% increase of price in one year.

Or, to look at it the other way, my money is now worth half since BidObama took over.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    <>

Looks to me that Carlson was just summarizing for an intro to his interview.

<>
    It was mostly the Colonel that was makeing some statements that were factually incorrect or unsupported at the very best.

The guy pulls no punches with respect to Ukraine either he makes his living bassed 5 accuracy of his information, not the popularity of it

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    It was mostly the Colonel that was makeing some statements that were factually incorrect or unsupported at the very best.

The guy pulls no punches with respect to Ukraine either he makes his living bassed 5 accuracy of his information, not the popularity of it

<>

OK !

BUT,

When will that level of scrutiny be applied to those big mouths on the “left” ?

<>

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt that his “fact checking” video was any less ridiculous than Facebook, or CNN’s fact checking, or really anyone else who comes out to do everyone a favor by telling what we need to believe, and as it turns out, it’s not. I got about 5 minutes into this video where he tried to say that tuckers statement about the Ukrainians getting slaughtered by a technologically superior force is false. He tries to argue that Russia is not in fact technologically superior. Ok, if he wants to argue that, then fine, but that doesn’t mean that the Ukrainians aren’t getting slaughtered like he said. It just means they are getting slaughtered by a force that this guy does not believe is technologically superior. i didn’t waste my time with the rest.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt that his “fact checking” video was any less ridiculous than Facebook, or CNN’s fact checking, or really anyone else who comes out to do everyone a favor by telling what we need to believe, and as it turns out, it’s not. I got about 5 minutes into this video where he tried to say that tuckers statement about the Ukrainians getting slaughtered by a technologically superior force is false. He tries to argue that Russia is not in fact technologically superior. Ok, if he wants to argue that, then fine, but that doesn’t mean that the Ukrainians aren’t getting slaughtered like he said. It just means they are getting slaughtered by a force that this guy does not believe is technologically superior. i didn’t waste my time with the rest.
    So russian tanks are technically superior to the western tanks Ukraine is using? Both sides are using everything the can find, but for tussia, that means 50 or 60yo tanks while Ukraine is getting modern western equipment.

Russia has no where near the technological ability of the western equipment Ukraine is using. It doesn't mean they are stone age, or not a formidable adversary, but russia uses almost no precision weapons and those the advanced weapons they do use seem to keep hitting shopping centers and apartments.

Ukrainan small arms are technologically superior. Many more modular rifle platforms and based on photos and not imagination, many more Ukrainian rifles are equipped with red dots or scopes.

Or maybe you are referring to cope cages, cope tires, naval drones or the T-14 Armada....⁹

Seriously, in what aspect of the war does russia have technologically superior equipment?

Independent OSINT strongly discounts the numbers of losses the Col claimed. Ukranian losses are high compared to ours in Iraq or Afghanistan, but this is a real war, not a COIN operation. In that light the losses are not incredible compared to WWII or other historic conflicts and ZSU losses are a FRACTION of what OSINT concensus is for russian losses.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    So russian tanks are technically superior to the western tanks Ukraine is using? Both sides are using everything the can find, but for tussia, that means 50 or 60yo tanks while Ukraine is getting modern western equipment.

Russia has no where near the technological ability of the western equipment Ukraine is using. It doesn't mean they are stone age, or not a formidable adversary, but russia uses almost no precision weapons and those the advanced weapons they do use seem to keep hitting shopping centers and apartments.

Ukrainan small arms are technologically superior. Many more modular rifle platforms and based on photos and not imagination, many more Ukrainian rifles are equipped with red dots or scopes.

Or maybe you are referring to cope cages, cope tires, naval drones or the T-14 Armada....⁹

Seriously, in what aspect of the war does russia have technologically superior equipment?

Independent OSINT strongly discounts the numbers of losses the Col claimed. Ukranian losses are high compared to ours in Iraq or Afghanistan, but this is a real war, not a COIN operation. In that light the losses are not incredible compared to WWII or other historic conflicts and ZSU losses are a FRACTION of what OSINT concensus is for russian losses.

<>

Not meaning to antagonize, but, I’ve seen pics of UK soldiers carrying PCC’s, Mini14’s, & .30 Carbines.

Some had AK’s.

No, I don’t recall where I saw those, but I do recall it, b/c the poster was pointing it out.

<>

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    <>

Not meaning to antagonize, but, I’ve seen pics of UK soldiers carrying PCC’s, Mini14’s, & .30 Carbines.

Some had AK’s.

No, I don’t recall where I saw those, but I do recall it, b/c the poster was pointing it out.

<>
    Yes, they are using a wide range of shoulder fired weapons.

After AK74/47s, BREN2s and ARs are pretty common.

PCCs, and M1 Carbines have their place and I'd put a (current) Mini-14 as equal or no worse than an AK.

There are FALs, G3/CETMEs, AR10s and a wide variety of bolt guns being fielded in various specialized roles too, but the significan thing is the use of optics seems to be higher on the Ukrainian side which may not win a war, but certainly helps.

russia was literally still using human wave assaults just a few months ago during their assault on Bakmhut, thats not a technology heavy approach to waging war.

Do russian weapons have better range than Ukrainian weapons?

Do the have better precision?

Is there evidence of use of any technology where russia has the upper hand?

russia likely has the edge on quantity of shells and ammo, but even there the range and precision of Ukrainian (western) weapons have made it very risky to have munition dumps anywhere near the front, so there is a place where an edge in tech has a significant result in hampering the abilty of russia to bring the fight to the front.

Likewise, the cluster munitions have been used to good effect in the recent advances in the Zaporizhzhia oblast, allowing stable and consistent advances and the penetration of the primary defenses.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

If all the tech is coming from us then it could also be argued that it is us, not ukraine who is technologically superior. Thanks for proving my point though. Both the so called fact checker and yourself latched onto the least important part of tuckers statement and completely ignored the most important part.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    If all the tech is coming from us then it could also be argued that it is us, not ukraine who is technologically superior. Thanks for proving my point though. Both the so called fact checker and yourself latched onto the least important part of tuckers statement and completely ignored the most important part.
    The part about the deaths is just as inaccurate. Finding good data on the numbers of deaths is difficult, and simply extrapolation from visually confirmed equipment losses may not even tell the whole story given russia use of meat wave attacks, but it remains the best measure I have acces to and the numbers show "slaughter" is not justified. Heavy losses at times sure, but still a fraction of russian losses as estimated by any credible source.

Russian losses:

Ukrainan losses: losses:https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-ukrainian.html?m=1

Top Bottom