• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Being invaded by a larger, better-trained, and better-equipped force sucks. Not A recipe for success.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    <>

Please note that, according to what we can glean from propagandized info; the Russians have not really pressed, nor committed major forces or their most heavy weapons.

For Russia, it is tactical. For the UK’s, it is resistance for survival.

Someone sank a Russian capital ship at sea a year or so back. Yet, Putin didn’t obviously retaliate. Gee, who has the technology to sink a modern warship w/o being identified ?

And, the pics & videos of civilian “collateral” casualties are certainly gripping; but it is a WAR, and those are shown for propaganda reasons. Does anyone believe that the pro-Russians in the Donbas haven’t suffered civilian casualties, courtesy the UK’s, too ?

All this leads me to the conclusion that we are being misled by OUR own government and OUR “media”; AGAIN !

Please keep an open mind. . . . . . .

leVieux

<>

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I watch mostly youtube on my TV. Of what I watch is a lot of war in Ukraine videos. Some of what they show looks like AI shit to me, but I never got into gaming & really know what it looks like. It does seem it's mostly pro Ukraine videos, and that makes me believe it mostly propaganda. I do not watch any form of TV news as I believe it's so one sided that it is all propaganda.
    The ukraine ministry of defense did get caught using footage from a video game that they claimed was them shooting down a Russian helicopter.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    <>

Please note that, according to what we can glean from propagandized info; the Russians have not really pressed, nor committed major forces or their most heavy weapons.

For Russia, it is tactical. For the UK’s, it is resistance for survival.

Someone sank a Russian capital ship at sea a year or so back. Yet, Putin didn’t obviously retaliate. Gee, who has the technology to sink a modern warship w/o being identified ?

And, the pics & videos of civilian “collateral” casualties are certainly gripping; but it is a WAR, and those are shown for propaganda reasons. Does anyone believe that the pro-Russians in the Donbas haven’t suffered civilian casualties, courtesy the UK’s, too ?

All this leads me to the conclusion that we are being misled by OUR own government and OUR “media”; AGAIN !

Please keep an open mind. . . . . . .

leVieux

<>
    Every bit of evidence shows that russia is absolutely fully committed in Ukraine. Yes, they have some equipment in reserve, but they are fully committed. Look at the Victory Day parade. The ONLY tank was a Ukrainian made T-34 from 80 years ago...

Perun and a number of others have used satellite images to count various tank depots and they are churning through them

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The ukraine ministry of defense did get caught using footage from a video game that they claimed was them shooting down a Russian helicopter.
    That was EARLY in the war and iirc it was a repost. I.e. the simply didn't vet the video aka an accident. This pales in comparison to russians repeatedly out and out staging destroyed vehicles and the other straight up deception without any real attempt to probide their side, they instead just lie. Most recently I can point to Mr Commando Underpants repulsing a Ukrainian raid on the Crimean coast with an AK... if youre going to lie, make it at least a little believable.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    That was EARLY in the war and iirc it was a repost. I.e. the simply didn't vet the video aka an accident. This pales in comparison to russians repeatedly out and out staging destroyed vehicles and the other straight up deception without any real attempt to probide their side, they instead just lie. Most recently I can point to Mr Commando Underpants repulsing a Ukrainian raid on the Crimean coast with an AK... if youre going to lie, make it at least a little believable.

I don’t care when it was, or what excuses are made to justify it.

BigRed

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest

Yes.

View a clip of Grand Theft Auto if you want to see how American taxpayers are funding the BS

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Really? Please provide a link

<>

I can’t verify this, and therefore, do not endorse it; but here is a link as requested:

I don’t know what to believe. Contrary to what many on here think, I haven’t picked. “side” in this conflict, but do question information from both.

I only raised the questionb.

leVieux

<>

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    <>

I can’t verify this, and therefore, do not endorse it; but here is a link as requested:

I don’t know what to believe. Contrary to what many on here think, I haven’t picked. “side” in this conflict, but do question information from both.

leVieux

<>
    I'm not here to judge your comment or post. I just wanted to know more about what you were referring to. Thanks for the link

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    &lt;&gt;

leVieux

&lt;&gt;
    No judgement on the reader here, but she sounds like a kook.

Because the West didn't want to do business with russia, that is the same as invading a country?

She clearly doeant understand the economic constraints on the Ukrainian military and had they amassed at the border they would have likely been destroyed or by-passed within a few hours or days after the start of the war and there would probably be no Ukraine by now.

She has an interesting take for sure

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    US announces new $600 million aid package for Ukraine to boost counteroffensive

Why can't Ukraine go into massive debt in the war effort or have they already? We owe trillions of dollars. We can't afford 600 million more.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Why can't Ukraine go into massive debt in the war effort or have they already? We owe trillions of dollars. We can't afford 600 million more.
    The serious answer is you can only go into so much debt before your currency is completely worthless. The exchange rate when I was there in 2022 was 35-40грн/$ whoch was about double what it was before the war started (the Ukrainian buying power was halved). If youre not sure the commodity (Ukrainian money) will be sellable in the future the value goes down. A country deep in debt makes folks worried the debt won't be paid.

And again, while I cannot give a current market value of the latest aid package they values given are the "new" price, not the now price. A 2-million dollar piece of equipment that is being surplused may have a street value of only a couple of hundred thousand. We also get to stop paying maintenance costs which are significant as well.

I am far from an interventionalist, but I really do think this is a fight our nation should continue to be involved in WITH TRAINING AND EQUIPMENT and not troops.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    The serious answer is you can only go into so much debt before your currency is completely worthless. The exchange rate when I was there in 2022 was 35-40грн/$ whoch was about double what it was before the war started (the Ukrainian buying power was halved). If youre not sure the commodity (Ukrainian money) will be sellable in the future the value goes down. A country deep in debt makes folks worried the debt won't be paid.

And again, while I cannot give a current market value of the latest aid package they values given are the "new" price, not the now price. A 2-million dollar piece of equipment that is being surplused may have a street value of only a couple of hundred thousand. We also get to stop paying maintenance costs which are significant as well.

I am far from an interventionalist, but I really do think this is a fight our nation should continue to be involved in WITH TRAINING AND EQUIPMENT and not troops.

I side with Ukraine, but our debt ratio is such that our currency is near worthless. We're like Rudy's BBQ, coasting on reputation.

If we had never started all our entitlement programs, never gotten into debt, and could afford it, I would be fine giving all this to Ukraine.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I side with Ukraine, but our debt ratio is such that our currency is near worthless. We're like Rudy's BBQ, coasting on reputation.

If we had never started all our entitlement programs, never gotten into debt, and could afford it, I would be fine giving all this to Ukraine.
    I feel ya...

Rudys has great breakfast tacos and dependable BBQ IMO

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY