Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No doubt there will be propaganda during a war. But in my mind it comes down to one thing, Russia invaded a sovereign nation and innocent people are dying because of it. And on top of that, Russia controlling that territory will be bad for everyone except China in the long run.

Pretending what happens there doesn’t effect the US is being extremely short sighted, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Sometimes it’s best not to believe what’s reported and look into the eyes of the devil, his body language, and the contempt he has.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    If anyone wants to sell their Russian guns / ammo, I am here.

I understand not wanting to support Russia. I dont buy guns from certain countries I dont agree with so please let me know if you have a filthy communist Saiga/Vepr you need rehomed

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

I understand not wanting to support Russia. I dont buy guns from certain countries I dont agree with so please let me know if you have a filthy communist Saiga/Vepr you need rehomed
    You ever shoot a vepr12? If not I’ll bring that also.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    And no point in using bird shot. Might as well use slugs for 99.99 percent of needs anyway.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The ruble on Monday lost as much as 20% of its value relative to the dollar—we think. Trading in the Russian currency is so thin owing to sanctions and other risks that it’s impossible to know the true exchange rate. The central bank on Monday suspended stock trading and raised its policy interest rate to 20% from 9.5%, in part to woo savers back to the banks after reports of bank runs over the weekend. New sanctions announced Monday by the U.S. Treasury prohibit most transactions with Russia’s central bank and sovereign-wealth fund, in tandem with similar measures imposed by other developed economies. This makes it all but impossible for Moscow to trade much of its $631 billion foreign-exchange reserves to shore up the ruble.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The ruble on Monday lost as much as 20% of its value relative to the dollar—we think. Trading in the Russian currency is so thin owing to sanctions and other risks that it’s impossible to know the true exchange rate. The central bank on Monday suspended stock trading and raised its policy interest rate to 20% from 9.5%, in part to woo savers back to the banks after reports of bank runs over the weekend. New sanctions announced Monday by the U.S. Treasury prohibit most transactions with Russia’s central bank and sovereign-wealth fund, in tandem with similar measures imposed by other developed economies. This makes it all but impossible for Moscow to trade much of its $631 billion foreign-exchange reserves to shore up the ruble.

According to Shapiro the Ruble dropped by 30% and the 20% interest was an effort to reduce lending because the RU gov and banks just don’t have the cash for it.

Just another perspective.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The Moscow Exchange (their version of the NY Stock Exchange) is still offline.

I read one report that they tried to bring it back up but it had been hacked and redirected to an image of a Ukrainian flag. Maybe just propaganda though.

I have no clue how any of that works so took it with a grain of salt.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station

And if there are more than you can buy, I’d love a Saiga.

Reactions: MTA

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I read one report that they tried to bring it back up but it had been hacked and redirected to an image of a Ukrainian flag. Maybe just propaganda though.

I have no clue how any of that works so took it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I don’t know…yesterday the ip address was dead, today it’s just timing out. That’s external facing; no idea what’s going in internal.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I’d say the most telling part of that video is the fear in the eyes of the messenger.
    If you're so afraid of your boss that you won't tell him what's going on, you're both failing at your job and undermining him.

Also, a boss that makes people that afraid is an incompetent boss.

I note that China had rolling power outages starting in May, 2021. At times, as much as one third of the country was under rolling blackouts. They still have some, though the problem isn't as bad as it once was. According to some intelligence sources, Chairman Xi Jinping didn't even know the blackouts were happening until September! EVERYONE was afraid to be the person who informed him of the situation. Bearers of bad news had gotten shot too many times before.

I see some of that same sort of fear directed toward Putin. And if Putin doesn't get accurate, timely information, whether the news is good or bad, he can't help but make uninformed decisions that will make things worse for the entire world.

I want Putin to screw up, lose, fall from power, etc. But I don't want him being taken down in a much-wider-than-necessary conflagration simply because his advisers are too scared of him to keep him informed. He can screw up in ways that spell the end of his personal political power; that's fine and, arguably, he's already done that. He can also screw up in ways that end his power AND the lives of millions of innocents. No one really knows which way this is going to be resolved.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If you're so afraid of your boss that you won't tell him what's going on, you're both failing at your job and undermining him.

Also, a boss that makes people that afraid is an incompetent boss.

….

We are talking about a boss who has no problem murdering people (in unique and quite cruel ways) who disagree with him in any degree. Putin enjoyed putting the speaker in the position of knowing if he didn’t get the answer he wanted to hear, there would be consequences.

But in general, your point stands.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zepunisher