• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    A Ukrainian tattoo artist blasting heavy metal in a black Opel pulled up to Poland’s border with Ukraine on Sunday, informing the immigration officers on duty that he was headed back to his home country to fight.

“Good,” a Polish officer told Nikita Azarkhin, 32, who stepped out and loaded a camouflage-print duffle bag full of first-aid kits onto a bus headed into Ukraine.

“I would love not to fight, and be alive, but this is the time where if I want to be able to look myself in the mirror, I have to, have to go,” said Mr. Azarkhin, who has been living in Berlin and had never fired a gun outside a firing range. “Otherwise, I will live in my own personal hell in my head.”

Ukrainians from across Europe—part of a huge diaspora that has spread across the continent in the three decades since the former Soviet republic gained independence—are returning to their home country to pick up arms in their fight against Russia.

Those men, and some women, have, in general, no combat experience, little training, and few have weapons of their own. They are drawn from the hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians—truck drivers and cabbies, students and IT workers—who have emigrated in search of jobs and prosperity in Europe’s wealthier countries.

“It’s our home, it’s our country, and I don’t have a different one,” said Dmytro, a cryptocurrency trader driving his Volkswagen home to fight.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    That's weird, Madeline Albright was NOT a U.S. govt rep??? Duly authorized by the Executive Branch to engage the U.S. in "EXECUTIVE AGREEMENTS" regarding foreign policy???

Good Lord man, do some reading!!!

Executive agreements do not require super-
    majority support in the Senate as do formal Article II treaties. Since the
    1940s, the vast majority of international agreements have been completed
    by presidents as executive agreements rather than as treaties.

https://www.press.umich.edu/pdf/9780472116874-ch1.pdf

Read your own quote - "Since the1940s, the vast majority of international agreements have been completed
    by presidents as executive agreements rather than as treaties."

Last time I check, Albright was never a President. She has no authority.

Either way it does not matter, we have met all agreements.

Reactions: gll

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Read your own quote - "Since the1940s, the vast majority of international agreements have been completed
    by presidents as executive agreements rather than as treaties."

Last time I check, Albright was never a President. She has no authority.

Either way it does not matter, we have met all agreements.

<rolleyes>

Good grief, Albright was APPOINTED by a U.S. President, stupid and ineffective as she was... last time I checked, we still had a "REPRESENTATIVE" Republic that granted the president EXECUTIVE powers, one of which is to appt Ambassadors etc. That means she worked for the President in the Executive Branch.

She had the full authority granted by the president to represent both the President and the U.S. Govt to function within the bounds of her position in the UN.

Look, this stuff really isn't that hard to understand... some people just like to argue.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Good grief, Albright was APPOINTED by a U.S. President, stupid and ineffective as she was... last time I checked, we still had a "REPRESENTATIVE" Republic that granted the president EXECUTIVE powers, one of which is to appt Ambassadors etc. That means she worked for the President in the Executive Branch.

She had the full authority granted by the president to represent both the President and the U.S. Govt to function within the bounds of her position in the UN.
    LOL

I worked for the President too in the executive branch.

Big difference between appointments and Senate confirmations. Only the President can enter binding agreements with other nations.
    Look, this stuff really isn't that hard to understand... some people just like to argue.

You are the one who continues to argue even when it is pointed out we have met all obligations.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Big difference between appointments and Senate confirmations. Only the President can enter binding agreements with other nations.

What the hell does senate confirmations have to do with the price of bread in China??

Never said it was a binding agreement. Nor is it a treaty. Said it was a promise made. But two posters keep sidetracking and gaslighting by bringing up legalities. The Ambassador to the U.N. obviously has the authority of the President to sign UN declarations/memorandums, as worthless and non-binding as they may be.

For the last time. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE COMMITMENT WAS VIA OUR POSITION IN THE UN AND i DON'T CARE, BUT WHATEVER IT WAS, WE SHOULD KEEP IT.

You are the one who continues to argue even when it is pointed out we have met all obligations.

If you say so, it must be true.

My point to you was that I didn't start out arguing, I posted an opinion that we should stand by our commitments (whatever they may be.). People want to disagree with that opinion, fine, but you don't get to make up your own facts. And neither does anybody else. Present me with BS and I will argue about that all day. I provided YOU with direct and sourced info when you asked if we know what the commitment was... I gave no opinion on the content of that Memorandum ... but you responded with 4 adversarial questions. You started an argument, not me. you seem to enjoy being adversarial. Bless you.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    What is well-established is that you and others don't understand the Budapest Memorandum and what it means.

Here's a scenario that might help you (read closely, there's a test afterwards):

You have a crazy, leftist neighbor. He's always calling you a racist scumbag and he often makes sexual advances towards your wife and daughter. He promises Mothers Against Guns that you will loan them your car the next time they need it.

OK, here's the test to see if you understood the scenario:

When Moms Against Guns comes knocking at your door and demands your car, do you give them the keys, since you promised to loan it to them?
    That has NOTHING to do with the discussion at all.
    Except to show who you really are.......

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What the hell does senate confirmations have to do with the price of bread in China??

Never said it was a binding agreement. Nor is it a treaty. Said it was a promise made. But two posters keep sidetracking and gaslighting by bringing up legalities. The Ambassador to the U.N. obviously has the authority of the President to sign UN declarations/memorandums, as worthless as they may be.

For the last time. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE COMMITMENT WAS VIA OUR POSITION IN THE UN AND i DON'T CARE, BUT WHATEVER IT WAS, WE SHOULD KEEP IT.

If you say so, it must be true.

My point to you was that I didn't start out arguing, I posted an opinion that we should stand by our commitments (whatever they may be.). People want to disagree with that opinion, fine, but you don't get to make up your own facts. And neither does anybody else. Present me with BS and I will argue about that all day. I provided YOU with direct and sourced info when you asked if we know what the commitment was... I gave no opinion on the content of that Memorandum ... but you responded with 4 adversarial questions. You started an argument, not me. you seem to enjoy being adversarial. Bless you.
    Yada, yada, yada

Get back to us when SCOTUS says we have violated our constitutional obligations or the UN or Zelenskyy

Funny how you are right and the rest of the world is wrong

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Something about seeing that little 6 year old girl with unicorn pants has sent me over the edge. That's just a innocent little girl amongst many others. Fuk Putin. Can't wait until I hear he's dead via some kind of fucked up torture.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yada, yada, yada

Get back to us when SCOTUS says we have violated our constitutional obligations or the UN or Zelenskyy

More gaslighting and deflection.
    The whole world ain't wrong, but you ain't right.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Something about seeing that little 6 year old girl with unicorn pants has sent me over the edge. That's just a innocent little girl amongst many others. Fuk Putin. Can't wait until I hear he's dead via some kind of fucked up torture.
    Link please. I missed that.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Yada, yada, yada

Blah blah blah,

All opinions and discussion points that don't agree with your own brilliant analysis and deduction, and blather, is to be dismissed out of hand.

SCOTUS .... "constitutional obligations" "UN" "Zelensky" ... ROFLMAO ... more distraction, deflection, sidetracking, and gaslighting. You obviously don't care what garbage you have to say to WIN. I'm not intimidated by such alpha dominant dog tactices. Bless you.

The rest of the world??? If you say so, that must be true also. Cuz you is a man of the world. Jeez, man... look thru this thread, and the other thread, and then try to tell me that everybody but me thinks we have kept our promise.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    More gaslighting and deflection.
    The whole world ain't wrong, but you ain't right.

Blah blah blah,

All opinions and discussion points that don't agree with your own brilliant analysis and deduction, and blather, is to be dismissed out of hand.

SCOTUS .... "constitutional obligations" "UN" "Zelensky" ... ROFLMAO ... more distraction, deflection, sidetracking, and gaslighting. You obviously don't care what garbage you have to say to WIN. I'm not intimidated by such alpha dominant dog tactices. Bless you.

The rest of the world??? If you say so, that must be true also. Cuz you is a man of the world. Jeez, man... look thru this thread, and the other thread, and then try to tell me that everybody but me thinks we have kept our promise.

We have met and are exceeding all obligations. We will continue to assist and increase support to Ukraine in coming days/weeks/months. On top of that, it is the fastest reaction of assistance in US history. A great moment for our country.

You two live in an alternate reality.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    10 acre rock in the black sea, don't even know why they would have army there to begin with. Just a lighthouse and some buildings. Suppose the Rus would take control due to a radio report of Rus ships enroute to Odessa?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zepunisher
    Top Bottom