• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The different Global Hawks showing up on the flight sites have been flying over the Black Sea for the last week or two, but none of the others, and you know there are others over Ukraine, have not been showing up.

Theres even a sub-Redit for this.

Basically (my opinion) this just letting the world know we are there.

I'd be stunned if they were not relaying r/t intel to the ground.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Sure.
    Start a new thread and add a poll to it.
    Give thought to how you word your question.
    There still won't be enough options to cover the breadth of opinions on this forum.

Maybe a for or against would be better.
    Done.
    See :

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    hhhhhh
    Doing nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

>

If we know they are there, everyone knows.

The airborne transponder units have 3 basic types, all used to allow ATC "controllers" to get real-time info on the flight. Basic just tells A/C I-D & location, "Mode C" adds altitude encoding, the newer ones tell much more: I-D, altitude, GPS coordinates from which heading, etc are available. Other radios are giving the intelligence pics & info.

Any of our or enemy ATC in the general area can also get all that from it, except the intel info. We wouldn't want for enemies to get any of that.

All of those can be used for enemy tracking & target homing for enemy incoming missiles.

This all means that the Russians are allowing their operations for now. Hmmmmm.

This is a peculiar "War", with cities lighted up nights, locals going to-&-fro on routine business, and some attempts to preserve buildings, roads, airports, factories, etc. Very "targeted" operations !

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Also overly invasive and punitive foreign policy can create madmen (Treaty of Versailles etc).

This conflict has DIRECT ties to WWI and it's aftermath.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

"This conflict has DIRECT ties to WWI and it's aftermath."

Yes, but in a very different generation. These Euro territorial wars are endless and often throughout history.

Our involvement there provides distraction from the horrible on-going screw-up's here in the USA, especially our Southern Border & Energy Sector !

What a MESS !

leVieux

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The borders are something that should have been done long ago. And that Trump showed is fairly cheap to do.
    But a promise made is one that should be kept.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

David S.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2021
    DFW
    NATO, and specifically the US, also promised not to expand east of Germany.

Politicians, bureaucrats and promises. haha.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You can’t let a madman go unchecked as the world found out with Hitler. We don’t want history to repeat itself.

He is clearly not going unchecked. Surprisingly former WARSAW Pact countries are the ones stepping up the most. As usual Western Europe is dragging its heels presumably hoping USA will once again do all the heavy lifting.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I'll admit, I really don't know a lot of what all is going on in Ukraine. I do know that I'll not get any good info (the truth) from the news outlets.

But, Ukraine was the underdog and it looks like they are more formidable that Russia expected. From what we are told, Ukraine is holding their own and maybe have the upper hand. Much of this is because regular Joe Blowski has joined in to defend their home country.

That said, with all the armed citizens, ex-military, trained men and women, do you think our leaders are thinking that a push back could start on our soil? I mean, they are freaking out about a few trucks heading to DC.

If it ever did turn into an Us vs Them, I think most of our casualties would come from the groups like ANTIFA and BLM and other extreme anarchist groups. Then it would be Us vs Them and Them. I hope it never gets to that but, it seems like something will inevitably happen one of these days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom