Not open for further replies.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    View attachment 306162

I'm starting to call bullshit..more and more of this is coming out.
    Fake and staged shots
    I'm not saying there isn't a conflict..but why would they stage this with wooden AKs and actors?
    When you're training civilian volunteers who've likely never held a real firearm, and trying to get them ready for street-to-street fighint within a week or so, do you immediately hand out real Kalashnikovs? Or plywood replicas that are harder to negligently discharge and don't deplete stockpiles unnecessarily?

Prior to WWI and WWII, American soldiers practiced with wooden replicas. For WWII, many of them didn't receive real rifles until they reached Europe.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Propaganda machines are churning out material for both sides (technically it’s not propaganda when the “good guys” make it). It happens every conflict. Ukraine is hoping to gain nationalistic sympathy and support by emphasizing “hero for the cause” incidents, like the Snake Island 13 and the demo bridge boy. What sounds better—we had to blow the bridge before demo boy could get out of the blast zone and consider it an acceptable loss or demo boy volunteered for a suicide mission for God and country and is a hero for the people? A story is only as good as you market it.

The **** you, Russian Warship Snake Island story is a perfect example and got a lot more coverage than the fact the 13 are probably still alive and are now POW’s. However, that is another great propaganda opportunity—the hero’s are withering away in a horrible war criminal camp.

It’s Information Operations and Psychological Operations. It’s a well established part of armed conflict. It was a lot easier to manage before the advent of social media, although social media offers some additional avenues of attack getting the message out to the intended target audience.

Watching a well orchestrated PSYOP series unfold to me is like watching an Academy Award winning movie. And gives me a chub. It’s awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    When you're training civilian volunteers who've likely never held a real firearm, and trying to get them ready for street-to-street fighint within a week or so, do you immediately hand out real Kalashnikovs? Or plywood replicas that are harder to negligently discharge and don't deplete stockpiles unnecessarily?
    All indications are they immediately handed out AKs.

Last edited:
    Reactions: gll

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Just in case people don't know. The two adversaries in this fight, Putin and President Zelensky, have very different backgrounds.

Putin- joined the KGB after college, then became involved in govt afterwards.

Zelensky- his previous job before becoming President of Ukraine, was to play one on TV, in a show called Servant of the People (also the name of his self-created political party) .Comedian and actor.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Please pardon my ignorance - sincere question:
    Who made the promise?

If it was your president Biden, then no; I'm not backing any promises that Bozo makes - he's not my president.
    Biden was not POTUS at the time but was in the government. Pointless. If the government won't live up to a promise, it should not have been made.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Was this a trained soldier or an actor that screwed up on live TV?

Excuse me for not trusting the government and media after being complicit in the hoax for the last 2.5 years
    Come to Ft Hood area gun ranges and watch the off duty soldiers shoot. Bring a neck brace. It might get sore shaking your head so much......
    I am not surprised at that one in the slightest.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Direct link would be the preferred method.

Not really, the LOS pipe is too small for the sensor data stream, even if packetized.

Generally, GH uses LOS only for launch and recovery operations and the comm/TDL package. The BLOS latency is good enough to provide actionable information to tactical users; refined intelligence products still need analysis which is the limiting factor for target quality products.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Biden was not POTUS at the time but was in the government. Pointless. If the government won't live up to a promise, it should not have been made.

This is not new. No new taxes and you can keep you doctor. Are two fairly recent examples of promises not kept. Social Security will probably be the next to go

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Yes. It is. A lot of parallels to Hitler. Like stupid historical excuses to take over other Countries.

As opposed to an open southern boarder? The invaders are taking over. They don’t need historical excuses. That to me is the immediate threat. That directly affects us today.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Many of our more iconic photos from WWII were staged to some extent.
    Post-surrender, my dad was in Japan with nothing obvious to do. He was assigned to assist a photographer who was shooting portraits of all the most successful fighter pilots with their planes. According to dad, a bunch of those guys were so busy enjoying their newfound love of sake and the local women that they were too hungover to show up to their photo shoots.

I've seen lots of photos from that project. If the pilot is shown in close-up with the plane behind him, it's a portrait of the pilot. If the photo shows the whole plane with the pilot in the cockpit, the pilot was too hung over to show up and the man in the plane is my dad.

Sometimes even photos that are known to be staged turn out to be misleading in multiple dimensions.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

Prior to WWI and WWII, American soldiers practiced with wooden replicas. For WWII, many of them didn't receive real rifles until they reached Europe.
    Perhaps Hollywood should adopt a similar practice!

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Not really, the LOS pipe is too small for the sensor data stream, even if packetized.

Generally, GH uses LOS only for launch and recovery operations and the comm/TDL package. The BLOS latency is good enough to provide actionable information to tactical users; refined intelligence products still need analysis which is the limiting factor for target quality products.

I was referring to the "others". Not sure how much reach GH has over Black Sea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom