• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tblack89

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Thank you. It definitely helps to have encouragement after the frustration today. I still enjoyed the work and learned lessons but...dammit LOL. I wanted handle scales.
    In my experience when I get frustrated I’ve learned to walk away that day, for some unexplainable reason when I come back I usually knock it out quickly and with no issues. Just can’t win for losing some days.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    In my experience when I get frustrated I’ve learned to walk away that day, for some unexplainable reason when I come back I usually knock it out quickly and with no issues. Just can’t win for losing some days.

My biggest mistake was not quitting when I was tired. And I wound up grinding a contour off the handle scales that I shouldn't have...because I forgot which end was the pommel and which was the blade end. Today also drove home the fact that I seriously need a small band saw/scroll saw. Next knife I sell will probably buy me one.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    OK, so I was going to do some work on the handle scales and get things geared up to harden and temper the blade (need to cut some angle steel to serve as smooth "cushions" for the vise in case the blade warps in the quench) but instead...I had to take my daughter to the ER. (She's fine, had some disorientation this afternoon but they couldn't find anything wrong and she'll be seeing her regular doctor ASAP)

Next weekend I'll be taking advantage of the cooler temps. The heat treat at least will happen, and I'm hoping to have the new handle scales cut and at least partially shaped.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    OK, so I was going to do some work on the handle scales and get things geared up to harden and temper the blade (need to cut some angle steel to serve as smooth "cushions" for the vise in case the blade warps in the quench) but instead...I had to take my daughter to the ER. (She's fine, had some disorientation this afternoon but they couldn't find anything wrong and she'll be seeing her regular doctor ASAP)

Next weekend I'll be taking advantage of the cooler temps. The heat treat at least will happen, and I'm hoping to have the new handle scales cut and at least partially shaped.
    Best wishes for your daughters health. Hopefully it was just a one-time fluke or something.

Top Bottom