• Status
    Not open for further replies.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I think it would be interesting if Ukraine forces somehow staged a counterattack, broke through the Russian lines, and headed northeast, right to Moscow. I know there is extremely little chance of that happening but it's just a momentary fancy of mine along with visions of Putin being hung for war crimes.

It's not as bad an idea as the futility of their current efforts. 469 miles is just a hop, skip and a jump these days. Send 50 teams along 50 different deer paths through the woods and you know at least a few teams would make it all the way.

I don't know what the personality of the Ukrainian people is like, but if they're revenge-oriented, I could see more than a few of them stashing away some goodies right now (perhaps even some goodies supplied by us/friends of ours or at least enemies of Russia/Putin), waiting a few years until Russia focuses somewhere else, and turning chunks of Moscow into rubble.

Probably a few Afghanis who wouldn't mind helping in that mission, probably a few former Soviet satellite countries, probably others, too. Putin / Russia doesn't have a long list of friends.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    During my military service I worked in military intelligence. We collected data and forwarded it to others to develop. How the data was used far above our pay grade.
    I'd like to think it helped save American and allied lives and our efforts not wasted.
    We were never there, We aren't here, We never existed.

Military Intelligence is to me an oxymoron.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I’m super curious where everyone stands on this.
    Myself, I have no problem with it and believe we (USA) should stay completely out of it, including BS sanctions.
    Can we have a poll?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Myself, I have no problem with it and believe we (USA) should stay completely out of it, including BS sanctions.
    Can we have a poll?
    Sure.
    Start a new thread and add a poll to it.
    Give thought to how you word your question.
    There still won't be enough options to cover the breadth of opinions on this forum.

Maybe a for or against would be better.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Can we have a poll?
    This is a good idea. Make a new thread with a poll!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Can we have a poll?
    I generally view nations like houses on the street.

We should generally not be going in their house to see whats for dinner, what's on TV, see if their kids are going to bed on time. Now, if there is a real ruckus going on there, thats one thing.

Now, if I see one neighbor who I know to be a dirt bag, going into the house of someone else with a guns a blazing and I hear that someone screaming for help I sure as heck will do what I can to help.

Our problem is we nose in for the kids not going to bed then move in on the couch... Then everyone in house starts to resent us.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I am not into military intelligence but… I was just checking flight radar 24 , and I found a US intelligence drone in a pattern over the Black Sea.
    A Global Hawk at FL56.

Attachments

• 46751E27-AA91-4E23-86A9-4B234A254B0A.jpeg
      46751E27-AA91-4E23-86A9-4B234A254B0A.jpeg
      188.8 KB · Views: 77

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    I'm flabbergasted that military observation "spy" drone would SQUAWK an identifying transponder code while over a combat zone !
    The different Global Hawks showing up on the flight sites have been flying over the Black Sea for the last week or two, but none of the others, and you know there are others over Ukraine, have not been showing up.

Theres even a sub-Redit for this.

Basically (my opinion) this just letting the world know we are there.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The different Global Hawks showing up on the flight sites have been flying over the Black Sea for the last week or two, but none of the others, and you know there are others over Ukraine, have not been showing up.

Theres even a sub-Redit for this.

Basically (my opinion) this just letting the world know we are there.

Doing nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom