• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    There is not a right or wrong answer to this question by any means. It is about personal preference entirely.

Just a few years ago, I have become more fond of the two-tone looking 1911's. I would like a highly polished and blued frame, with a matte finished stainless steel slide, and stainless steel controls for some contrast. I'd like the slide set up for the Bomar style target sights as well. Caliber? Really leaning towards a 38 Super or 9mm just for the fun of it. It would also be fitted with compensator that followed the lines and contour of the slide as well. Not for carry, just informal target shooting.
    sounds like the one Don Johnson used in Nash Bridges,
    Military Camp

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    I sure miss my 38 Super. However, I just sold my Kahr PM-9 and am looking for a Commander length 1911 in 9MM to shoot up the ammo I have (at last count about 2,800 rounds). Hey, it's a plausible excuse to give tom the wife. Hehehehehehehehe. I am thinking about getting a Taurus if I can find one. I prefer a steel frame for a Commander rather than a light weight model and I think Taurus is it for a steel framed Commander unless I have a Govt. Model frame cut down and fitted with a Commander slide.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    This. Tuned by Justin McMillan when he worked at Hill Country Handguns. I could be very happy if it was my only .45.
    Bob

xD0J1WS.jpg

50 yard 10-shot machine rest group
    fRb5FTm.jpg

E1jQ9GH.jpg

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I'm obviously an exception, but I don't think I've ever fired one that didn't jam on me.
    Has to do with me being left handed.

Doesn't happen with other semi autos.

It's your grip that causes it, not the gun. I shoot all of my handgun's with either hand and never have jamming issues.

I sold a nice Springfield 1911 that I had a lot of custom work done on to a good friend that wanted it. He then called me and said that it jammed every time he shot it. I went out to his place and fired two mags through it with no issues. He then shot it, and it jammed the first shot. I showed him what he was doing wrong with his grip, and it hasn't jammed on him since.

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County

Now that is butt ugly. And expensive. I don't have enough to even ask the price.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Series 70 Gov't, full NP3 finish. A1 style MSH w/ unitized backstrap/grip safety, undercut trigger guard, aggressive SAI TRP style checkering, GI style recoil spring set up, ambi extended safety, extended mag release, NM barrel, trijicon HD style sights regulated to hit POA/POI at 7/10 yards with 230gr ball

Oh, and a nice flared magwell

Top Bottom