• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    IF, you could pick out the 1911 of your choice, or have built the perfect 1911, what would it be? What features, or finish would it have? What would it's primary purpose or intended use be?
    But if I HAD to pick just one, it would be the one that I could chuck across the yard forget about it for a day or two in a gravel pile and not feel bad for doing so. Right now my RIA Tac II fills that roll.

Greywarrant

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Round Rock
    My latest 1911 is my favorite. I have many in the safe, but last summer I acquired a 2008 vintage colt gunsight model. I love the gun. I made it my picture on here.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I'm mighty fond of my Kimber Ultra CDP - I can't figure how any 1911 could be any better. I like my PSA 1911 too, but I wouldn't want to carry it.

My very experienced Gunsmith, who does work for all area federal agencies, and is considered the "Dean" around here, pointed-out that my Kimber UCDP has some CAST internal parts, which most reputable manufactures furnish in FORGED STEEL.

Sure is pretty, though. Just all those failure-to-load's. . . . . . .

leVieux

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    I'm mighty fond of my Kimber Ultra CDP - I can't figure how any 1911 could be any better. I like my PSA 1911 too, but I wouldn't want to carry it.
    Have you ever owned an Ed Brown pistol? I compare any 1911 I may buy to the quality of the Ed Brown Kobra Carry & Executive Carry I used to own (lord I miss those pistols). All pretty much fall short but are serviceable.

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    My very experienced Gunsmith, who does work for all area federal agencies, and is considered the "Dean" around here, pointed-out that my Kimber UCDP has some CAST internal parts, which most reputable manufactures furnish in FORGED STEEL.

Sure is pretty, though. Just all those failure-to-load's. . . . . . .

leVieux
    Yeah but an Arkansas stone and some higher end parts from Brownells can fix that (IF you know what you are doing). I have had high end and low end 1911's but never had a failure to feed or any other malfunction if I was using my Wilson Combat Tactical Elite magazines.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The one that I let get away 45 years ago. A 70 series Colt Combat Commander in Satin Nickel and .38 Super. I tracked the gun down 5 years ago through the guy I sold it to (an infamous bounty hunter) but he had passed it along to his brother who went to Mexico and was never heard from again. Sigh!!

al169743

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2020
    San Antonio
    For me, it’s the Staccato P Duo.
    It has the correct mixture of quality, features and flexibility (competition, self defense, ability to add an optic). Of course the price tag is high and I had to save for a while to justify the cost, but now that I was able to get it, I have no regrets and I now own a gun for life made in Texas!

Attachments

• E40ED05C-EE4E-4015-9DED-7FA6C4119F40.jpeg
      E40ED05C-EE4E-4015-9DED-7FA6C4119F40.jpeg
      1.6 MB · Views: 155

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    For me, it’s the Staccato P Duo.
    It has the correct mixture of quality, features and flexibility (competition, self defense, ability to add an optic). Of course the price tag is high and I had to save for a while to justify the cost, but now that I was able to get it, I have no regrets and I now own a gun for life made in Texas!
    Welcome to the Forum!

justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    The 1911 is the perfect pistol, whichever copy one may have.
    Amen brutha. I have shot Les Baers, Ed Browns, and many others. I really cannot see much differnce between those and my relatively low cost Remington R18. Hard for me to justify spending a couple of thousand more if the gun does not shoot significantly better. But that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    Amen brutha. I have shot Les Baers, Ed Browns, and many others. I really cannot see much differnce between those and my relatively low cost Remington R18. Hard for me to justify spending a couple of thousand more if the gun does not shoot significantly better. But that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.
    My Kobra Carry would shoot a 5 shot group that all the holes were touching at 25 yards from a Pistol rest (only time I could get that tight a group was from a rest). I have never had another pistol that was that accurate.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    This one is perfect, for me. Army-accurized service pistol (FT Benning AMU) groups superbly and is totally reliable. A 4 lb roll trigger completes the package. It does exactly what I need a 1911 to do...shoot small groups with total reliability. It, along with a couple of other 1911s, is in the running for "if I could only have one 1911" pistol.
    Bob

lHJgQTM.jpg

Andyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    I have found mine. Nowlin Challenger, built by Nowlin senior in 9mm as a long slide. It displays a build quality that makes a Swiss SIG P210 appear crude and it shoots at least as well!

Top Bottom