Guns International

The Official "What do you do for a Living" thread.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    I WAS a technical writer contractor until the Army decided to bring me back. When I retired I said "I don't think they can do it without me." I guess I was right! Now I'm at the Training and Doctrine Command learning 'way too much about things line officers should never see!
    Capitol Armory ad

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Neat Thread! It's nice to get to know you guys!

As for me........Technician in hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics, electrical, electronics, instrumentation, controls, automated production systems, programmable logic controllers, ASE Auto service in brakes and.............. a precision machinist.

Began teaching those technical trades in Vocational, college, university and high school settings until I retired from teaching after 22 years.

Went back to industry for about 4 years until I retired officially in June, 2010.

Now, I tinker with guns and do woodworking when I want to. I like to make wood signs with routers and can whip up some nice dovetail joints for projects.

My new job is to lose weight and get back into shape so I can milk the retirement for as long as I can.

View attachment 6967

Attached is a high pressure extruder, fully automated and operating on top of a huge blow molding machine. It mixes the correct amounts of material to make multiple layer storage bottles. It is typical of the stuff I've worked on for years. It's hard to gauge the scale of the equipment here. The dark gray motor in the lower right side of the photo behind the yellow belt guard is 150 horsepower and weighs about 1K pounds! I know because I replaced it.

I worked in fully automated steel mills and in high pressure hydraulic and pneumatic aircraft systems and gear product manufacturing.

Flash

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Was an Apache Crewchief and Counter-intel in the Army. Now im finishing degrees in Astronomical Engineering, Astrophysics and Mathmatics and going to start non-intern positions within those fields pretty soon.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    As for me........Technician in hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics, electrical, electronics, instrumentation, controls, automated production systems, programmable logic controllers, ASE Auto service in brakes and.............. a precision machinist.
    Dang Flash, your job resume reminds me of a work truck i saw driving down the road a while back. it was an A/C contractor that had printed on it..."A/C & Heat, Refrigeration, Pool & Spa, Plumbing and Automotive A/C Technician!! I laughed my ARSE off when he drove by!!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Dang Flash, your job resume reminds me of a work truck i saw driving down the road a while back. it was an A/C contractor that had printed on it..."A/C & Heat, Refrigeration, Pool & Spa, Plumbing and Automotive A/C Technician!! I laughed my ARSE off when he drove by!!

Hell, I forgot to list that I dig holes in dirt pretty well and can fix toilets, too!

Flash

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I am a full time real estate/entrepreneurial business student (junior) at Baylor. I own a lawn company. I also am a partner in an errand running business. I just started a leads based internet marketing company. AND I DAYTRADE

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I was in the US Army from 1964 - 1968, spent some time in a jungle and some time at Fort Polk as a Drill Sgt (NOT BY CHOICE). After my military tour I worked for Southwestern Bell Tel Co for 34 years, all in the DFW area. I retired in Dec 2002. My goal for retirement was to get the heck out of Texas during the hot summer months. My wife and I have spent the past 7 summers in the cool mountains in Colorado. I plan on doing that as long as my health allows. I have been blessed with a good life and I am thankful.
    I enjoy reading all the posts and am glad to be a member of TGT.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I've done a lot of things, lived a lot of places, but for the past couple of months my job title has been "Trophy Husband". I am currently in the market for a new career, as the TH bit is getting old quick! One might think it would be a fun gig, but I am just getting antsy. I'd post a resume, but that might be a little weird..LOL

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    I shoot dead chickens at aircraft canopies to test them for strength.
    I almost got fired when I first started though. They forgot to tell me I’m supposed to thaw the frozen chickens out first. I had a lot of failed canopies that first day. Had fun though.

I was afraid you were going to say you fired a live one the first time out. :)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I shoot dead chickens at aircraft canopies to test them for strength.
    I almost got fired when I first started though. They forgot to tell me I’m supposed to thaw the frozen chickens out first. I had a lot of failed canopies that first day. Had fun though.

You bullshitting or is that what you actually do these days? LOL.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was afraid you were going to say you fired a live one the first time out. :)

Oh, I don't know about that. The chicken squawking as it's flying through the air on its way to its demise on the canopy...priceless. Although it would be better if you used pigeons (live ones), a.k.a. flying rats.

Yes I am an evil, demented bastard.....

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    What I do for a living:

RKsYn.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support