Guns International

The Official "What do you do for a Living" thread.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddy45acp

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    central texas
    All the women in my family suck at parenting. So when I got married, I told my wife that I wanted to raise the kids....and that I wanted boys! She obliged. She went back to school, got a nursing degree and gave me two sons. I'm a freelance landscape irrigation consultant/designer with a home office. Works out pretty good with my boys. The wife brings home the lion's share of the bacon, I supplement the bacon and raise the boys. My bacon supplement buys lots of guns..."for the boys", least that's what I always say. But because they are 5 and 6, I don't get out to shot all that much. Neither do they. So when I'm not parenting, I build cool weapons and collect old pistols. So far, I have couple of M-4's, a target AR, a dozen or so automatic pistols and a reloading bench. One of the M-4's came from High Standard out of Houston. Don't buy an AR from High Standard. Mine had the front sight canted over to the left from the factory and they refused to fix it. I ended up fixing it with a BSA holographic sight and removed the factory front sight.
    The other M-4 came from RRA. It shoots perfect with the iron sights. I celebrated by mounting a see-through riser on it and a Yukon Gen 1 NV scope. Have to go out and sight it in. That's it up in the left hand corner of this page.

Well, That's me!
    ARJ Defense ad

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    All the women in my family suck at parenting. So when I got married, I told my wife that I wanted to raise the kids....and that I wanted boys! She obliged. She went back to school, got a nursing degree and gave me two sons. I'm a freelance landscape irrigation consultant/designer with a home office. Works out pretty good with my boys. The wife brings home the lion's share of the bacon, I supplement the bacon and raise the boys. My bacon supplement buys lots of guns..."for the boys", least that's what I always say. But because they are 5 and 6, I don't get out to shot all that much. Neither do they. So when I'm not parenting, I build cool weapons and collect old pistols. So far, I have couple of M-4's, a target AR, a dozen or so automatic pistols and a reloading bench. One of the M-4's came from High Standard out of Houston. Don't buy an AR from High Standard. Mine had the front sight canted over to the left from the factory and they refused to fix it. I ended up fixing it with a BSA holographic sight and removed the factory front sight.
    The other M-4 came from RRA. It shoots perfect with the iron sights. I celebrated by mounting a see-through riser on it and a Yukon Gen 1 NV scope. Have to go out and sight it in. That's it up in the left hand corner of this page.

Well, That's me!

Wonder why they wouldn't fix it? What did they say about it. I was considering buying some AR suff from them. Just curious.

daddy45acp

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    central texas
    I took that gun to the range and fired it about fifteen times. No holes appeared on the paper. I was 100 yards away from the target. Then the guy to my right said, "your bullets are hitting just left of my target." So I cranked the rear sight all the way to the left and finally started putting holes in the paper. But I had no more room to adjust the sight any more left. The guy at the gun shop where I bought it put it in a vise and finally agreed. The front sight was leaning to the left. He sent it off to High Standard. They said something to the effect that because they could adjust it to be sort of on target with the rear sight all the way to the left, it didn't need to be fixed. They sent it back in the same unfixed condition. I'll never buy another gun from High Standard. I think they wouldn't fix it because they would have had to install a shim, remount and head space the barrel. Not an easy process. But still, they shoulda fixed it. It was a relatively cheap gun.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I took that gun to the range and fired it about fifteen times. No holes appeared on the paper. I was 100 yards away from the target. Then the guy to my right said, "your bullets are hitting just left of my target." So I cranked the rear sight all the way to the left and finally started putting holes in the paper. But I had no more room to adjust the sight any more left. The guy at the gun shop where I bought it put it in a vise and finally agreed. The front sight was leaning to the left. He sent it off to High Standard. They said something to the effect that because they could adjust it to be sort of on target with the rear sight all the way to the left, it didn't need to be fixed. They sent it back in the same unfixed condition. I'll never buy another gun from High Standard. I think they wouldn't fix it because they would have had to install a shim, remount and head space the barrel. Not an easy process. But still, they shoulda fixed it. It was a relatively cheap gun.

Thanks for the response. I was looking to buy a stripped lower and maybe some more parts (through Brownell's) but if they aren't going to stand behing their product I don't want it. I guess some folks don't know how to succeed in business. Oh well..............

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    well......first off, I'm a pretty big damn deal

retired Army CW3 - CID Agent....now doing investigatory things for a tiny fedgov agency (non gun carrying position)

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

Towboater. I push barges all over the Intracoastal Waterways and Western Rivers.

TERRor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Marion, Texas
    22 years after high school....I'm now in Nursing School. I'm also a tattoo artist and will paint anything that will stay still long enough. Motorcycles, Cars, Xbox's, Mounted Fish, etc.

Trogdor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Bryan
    Was a Emergency Room phlebotomist but just finished school to be a registered nurse. Hopefully I'll get back to the ER. Now I'll be able to afford more than an AK and a MOSIN! :)

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Was a Emergency Room phlebotomist but just finished school to be a registered nurse. Hopefully I'll get back to the ER. Now I'll be able to afford more than an AK and a MOSIN! :)
    Hey thats great. Congrats on the RN certification. You guys can pretty much make as much as you want, depending on how much you want to work.

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    I was a car mechanic for 4 years right after high-school. Now it's just a hobby and I work in the IT field as a "Desktop Support Analyst". Better pay, benefits, hours, etc than my mechanic jobs. Been doing it almost 2 years and really enjoy it.

Crappy pic but here's my office about a year ago;

IMG00135.jpg

Top Bottom