• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I didn’t need much encouragement. I’m younger than most in here, recently retired, and bored to death. The sun is shining, and I have no where to be. Might as well have a beer. :cool:
    Send me a PM. Then head west.
    ARJ Defense ad

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    It's not what you think it will be when you're younger (less than 40). I've been pretty much blessed with good health, have a great family, good friends, happily retired with the cars and the house paid off, etc., etc. But in the last five to ten years, the thing that's been getting worse and worse, is many of my longtime friends and some relatives have passed away! Many of them a good bit younger than I am! At one point I kept a list but finally gave up on that! Parents and grandparents are all gone, cousins gone, etc. but now I'm the oldest one around. Sometimes it gets a little tough. Anyone in the same boat?

I know. Lost two last week, both younger than I.

leVieux

texas yankee

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Frisco, TX
    I'm a 70 year old male - I'm in reasonably good health - nothing that can't be managed easily and effectively with meds (cholesterol, BP, very mild ulcerative colitis). I am 100% debt free, I have enough money to not worry too much about what I spend, I live in a nice home, in a nice town, in a state that honors individual rights and individualism, I am 100% comfortable with my beliefs regarding God, Higher Power, spirituality, whatever ya wanna call it.

But, for me, there are downsides to getting old, including:
    • the realization (duh) that I have a lot more years behind me than ahead of me - no way I'll get to see and do all I wanna do, now that I have the resources to do them
    • having to accept the limitations of physical things I can't do any more or do as well any more
    • seeing so many interesting things and potential life paths that I could have done that I didn't explore or head into when I was much younger
    • realizing that there were several key decisions I made over the years where I should have decided or acted differently
    • I should have paid more attention to and listened to my parents more - they were exceptionally smart people with an exceptionally solid value system - far wiser than I will ever be, better parents, better spouse \ partner, etc.
    • and that I didn't buy several pallets of SWD M11s, lightning links, and John Norell trigger packs before 1986.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I'm a 70 year old male - I'm in reasonably good health - nothing that can't be managed easily and effectively with meds (cholesterol, BP, very mild ulcerative colitis). I am 100% debt free, I have enough money to not worry too much about what I spend, I live in a nice home, in a nice town, in a state that honors individual rights and individualism, I am 100% comfortable with my beliefs regarding God, Higher Power, spirituality, whatever ya wanna call it.

But, for me, there are downsides to getting old, including:
    • the realization (duh) that I have a lot more years behind me than ahead of me - no way I'll get to see and do all I wanna do, now that I have the resources to do them
    • having to accept the limitations of physical things I can't do any more or do as well any more
    • seeing so many interesting things and potential life paths that I could have done that I didn't explore or head into when I was much younger
    • realizing that there were several key decisions I made over the years where I should have decided or acted differently
    • I should have paid more attention to and listened to my parents more - they were exceptionally smart people with an exceptionally solid value system - far wiser than I will ever be, better parents, better spouse \ partner, etc.
    • and that I didn't buy several pallets of SWD M11s, lightning links, and John Norell trigger packs before 1986.

Yes, about the same here @ 77. I have outlived all my immediate Family, but am in good general health and expect to live at least another 5 or 6 years. While abilities have declined, I recently lost 60# and am actually more capable than five years ago. I still launch & retrieve my boat, wash my vehicles, go shopping, train dog, even work in our large yard. We all have regrets, but can't dwell on them. I thank GOD every day for all that !

leVieux

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Yes, about the same here @ 77. I have outlived all my immediate Family, but am in good general health and expect to live at least another 5 or 6 years. While abilities have declined, I recently lost 60# and am actually more capable than five years ago. I still launch & retrieve my boat, wash my vehicles, go shopping, train dog, even work in our large yard. We all have regrets, but can't dwell on them. I thank GOD every day for all that !

leVieux
    Anyone that says "I have no regrets." simply didn't take enough chances on the way to getting where they are today! My story and I'm sticking to it!

Top Bottom