• ...and so much more!
  • Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I was surprised to live to 21 and then 25 was a shock. The next 50 years were fun mostly. I have decided that doctors are parasites that never let you go. This chinaflu has lowered their standing with me.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    How the hell do y’all remember your age? Unless I have recently had to write it somewhere like a medical form or something I have no idea. I just tell folks I was born in the summer. If they ask my age I has to do the math to tell them. Must be like counting down to 18 then 21. After that no one really cares I guess till 65 and retirement/social security. I’m no where close so no reason to count down.
    Wait until you sit in a doctor's office and they ask you what day it is. Be sure to tell them you worry about them not knowing when you were supposed to be there. smh

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I remember being 20 sitting on a hill half way around the world and hearing another young Marine saying he wanted to be killed by a jealous husband when he gets old. I hope he found a husband who gets pissed when someone drinks his beer. LOL!

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I have 4 kids that are close, the other disowned me years ago. A spell in the hospital last summer got me to thinking about things. This Christmas I picked out 14 guns that I seldom/never shoot and put them on a table. When we gathered up Christmas Eve the 4 kids and the 3 oldest G-kids drew cards for picking order. They had a couple of hours to peruse them before the picking started. It was fun. The guns were in a separate room and the one picking(+ spouse) was the only one in there. Once all picked one we did it again in reverse order. Kept down the wondering why I gave what to who. The 2 first picks were a 1953 Win 94 in 98% condition followed by a 1943 Inland Carbine, original with accys.

Best part was I got to see them get them.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I have 4 kids that are close, the other disowned me years ago. A spell in the hospital last summer got me to thinking about things. This Christmas I picked out 14 guns that I seldom/never shoot and put them on a table. When we gathered up Christmas Eve the 4 kids and the 3 oldest G-kids drew cards for picking order. They had a couple of hours to peruse them before the picking started. It was fun. The guns were in a separate room and the one picking(+ spouse) was the only one in there. Once all picked one we did it again in reverse order. Kept down the wondering why I gave what to who. The 2 first picks were a 1953 Win 94 in 98% condition followed by a 1943 Inland Carbine, original with accys.

Best part was I got to see them get them.
    Well done!

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Yeah, the hideous brain diseases are the worst part. I remember by father dealing with it and my sister dealing with it. I fear that I will probably have to deal with it at some point. I've always been a little goofy so maybe nobody will notice! Heh!
    I laughed entirely too hard at that :evil: probably cuz I can relate :laughing:

I'll be *&)_$8 soon and find myself being more aware and/or cautious of situations, particularly when doing yard work and other manual tasks.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Lord willing I will not live to see the smoldering heap of shit this country is in track to becoming.
    To cheer yourself up, you need to listen to some recent lectures/interviews by/with Peter Ziehan. The world is mostly going to hell but the USA (along with Mexico, Canada, France, New Zealand, and Argentina) is blessed with natural, demographic, and technological advantages that mean we'll survive much better than most of the world. For all the doom and gloom that guy sees coming, he makes a compelling case that the U.S. (and particularly Texas) will still be a great place to be for at least the next 50 years.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I'm almost 64. I have outlived all but two uncles. One on Mom's side and one that married Pop's sister. Outlived a few cousins too.
    And I was expected to kill myself doing something stupid and dangerous before reaching adulthood. Tried to. Still have some of the scars and the bones remind me of the fun I had frequently.
    When I was about 40, single and raising 3 boys, they caught me looking at some very nice looking barely clad young ladies in their early 20s or so. They told me I was too old for that. My answer; When I get to old to at least appreciate there beauty and the pleasures that could be had with them, then I'm too damn old. Open the gate to the yard, point me to the woods and give me a nudge. Because I'm past the point of doing it for myself.
    And take your time looking for me.
    At this point, my biggest fear in life is being a burden for my family. I'd rather die in the woods with my boots on. The woods or the lake is where I feel most at home anyway.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

impactbumper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 19, 2017
    San Antonio
    Age ain’t got nothing to do with losing folks you trust, like, and/or respect. That’s life and I wouldn’t live it without those people in my life. Bittersweet, but as a Christian, I believe those folks and dogs will be with me for eternity.

I believe in that as well. This is temporary here, but all my loved ones will be with me till eternity.

On a side note, not much i can contribute i am 43. Relatively good health. No drinking, no smoking, worked out all my life till last Feb. injured my shoulder and after that covid happened. However i am exposed to extreme stress everyday so Lord knows what it will look like in the next 10 years. Hitting back the trails and iron next few weeks will help with mental reset from life. I can tell things are not like they used to be 10 years ago from physical perspective.

God bless you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I laughed entirely too hard at that :evil: probably cuz I can relate :laughing:

I'll be *&)_$8 soon and find myself being more aware and/or cautious of situations, particularly when doing yard work and other manual tasks.
    Yeah... I've gotten lazier as I've grown older too!

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I hear ya Charlie! I will turn 58 this year, and my health is declining every year. Cold weather bothers me more and more every year, and hot and humid weather, is murder on me now.

That's the truth! Wife and I are the same age. Temperature tolerance keeps shrinking and the thermostat setting between heat & cold does too. We once laughed at our old parents for doing the same thing!

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I guess that 2020 and the "pandemic" stay at home crap sucks enough to take some of fun part of life away.

Top Bottom