• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    It's not what you think it will be when you're younger (less than 40). I've been pretty much blessed with good health, have a great family, good friends, happily retired with the cars and the house paid off, etc., etc. But in the last five to ten years, the thing that's been getting worse and worse, is many of my longtime friends and some relatives have passed away! Many of them a good bit younger than I am! At one point I kept a list but finally gave up on that! Parents and grandparents are all gone, cousins gone, etc. but now I'm the oldest one around. Sometimes it gets a little tough. Anyone in the same boat?
    DK Firearms

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    59 here and living alone in the woods attempting to enjoy a comfortable retirement. I'm the oldest of all the cousins. I have one living uncle (Dad's middle brother who is now in his 80's). Parents & some cousins younger than me already gone.
    I've had some health issues but still get around pretty well and consider I have been blessed. I do stay inside a lot more during the cold months. I just can't tolerate it like I used to.
    Funny thing is I always dreamed of living in Alaska! The heck with that!
    I say a prayer of thanks every morning when I wake and realize that God has blessed me with another day.

John Galt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    Huntsville
    My cousin lives next door and celebrated his 40th birthday just before Christmas. He has outlived all 4 of his grandparents, both of his parents, his 2 brothers, his sister, 2 nieces and a nephew.
    I am now his closest living family and I don't want to be. His family is cursed.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I'm well balanced - the rate of my physical decline is on par with my mental decline. :facepalm: And Alzheimer's disease runs in my family, so I've got that to look forward to.
    Ten years ago a friend was telling me how scared he was because he was forgetting a lot of stuff. I pretty much understand now. My last uncle died recently just a couple of months short of a 100. I'm pushing 75 and cannot imagine being 100.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I've noticed some forgetfulness in the past year that has surprised me. I think it may be from retiring after decades in a job having to maintain focus and always being under-the-gun - so to speak. Now, my decisions are comprised of chores around the house, when to go for a walk in the woods, cut wood, whether I need to go to town, and what to fix for supper. I find myself easily distracted.
    For instance, I come into the house to get a paper towel, see something that needs to be done, spend the next 30 minutes doing random tasks in the house, and then go outside to a mess and remember I never did get that darned paper towel!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I never dreamed of living this long, this well.
    I've noticed some forgetfulness in the past year that has surprised me. I think it may be from retiring after decades in a job having to maintain focus and always being under-the-gun - so to speak. Now, my decisions are comprised of chores around the house, when to go for a walk in the woods, cut wood, and what to fix for supper. I find myself easily distracted.
    For instance, I come into the house to get a paper towel, see something that needs to be done, spend the next 30 minutes doing random tasks in the house, and then go outside to a mess and remember I never did get that darned paper towel!
    Sounds familiar

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    How the hell do y’all remember your age? Unless I have recently had to write it somewhere like a medical form or something I have no idea. I just tell folks I was born in the summer. If they ask my age I has to do the math to tell them. Must be like counting down to 18 then 21. After that no one really cares I guess till 65 and retirement/social security. I’m no where close so no reason to count down.

Top Bottom