• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    The common problems with becoming a geezer: The majority of your most loved relatives/friends have died and you're left wondering...how the hell am I still here?

I thought all those who've gone before me would outlast my undeserving ass...wtf?

I'm still here sucking up groceries and enjoying life even though I'm giving Methuselah a run for his money as an old bastard.

Still can do...ok, slower-ly, shooting, mowing, driving (and no, I don't dawdle in the fast lane when driving hither and yon like some old annoying fk) though hot young women are a thing of the past...crap. I remember having a beauty contestant girlfriend of 19 when I was 35...ah memories - she went on to become a lawyer...

Here's something else to think about...you're still above ground and while so start - giving away your possesions that would benefit loved ones/friends and then neighbors, cuz you're not taking it with you a-hole...I've been doing this for the last 5 years and have winnowed down a lot of my possessions - don't desperately hold onto things - give em away ya cheap bastid!
    Target Sports

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    TG,

Yes, enjoy the ride.

Time does go bye faster with every year.

I now have a Daughter in her mid 50's and adult Grandchildren...who I spoil - I guess that's an old fashioned term.

They're not entitled brats - they're deserving of Grandpa's largesse...ultimately I'll give them all, but they don't know it...and all is a fair amount...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It's not what you think it will be when you're younger (less than 40). I've been pretty much blessed with good health, have a great family, good friends, happily retired with the cars and the house paid off, etc., etc. But in the last five to ten years, the thing that's been getting worse and worse, is many of my longtime friends and some relatives have passed away! Many of them a good bit younger than I am! At one point I kept a list but finally gave up on that! Parents and grandparents are all gone, cousins gone, etc. but now I'm the oldest one around. Sometimes it gets a little tough. Anyone in the same boat?
    I can empathize. Not many friends left. Only two of my great old friends and one is in bad shape right now. Not much family.

But I know I will see them again.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    The common problems with becoming a geezer: The majority of your most loved relatives/friends have died and you're left wondering...how the hell am I still here?

I thought all those who've gone before me would outlast my undeserving ass...wtf?

I'm still here sucking up groceries and enjoying life even though I'm giving Methuselah a run for his money as an old bastard.

Still can do...ok, slower-ly, shooting, mowing, driving (and no, I don't dawdle in the fast lane when driving hither and yon like some old annoying fk) though hot young women are a thing of the past...crap. I remember having a beauty contestant girlfriend of 19 when I was 35...ah memories - she went on to become a lawyer...

Here's something else to think about...you're still above ground and while so start - giving away your possesions that would benefit loved ones/friends and then neighbors, cuz you're not taking it with you a-hole...I've been doing this for the last 5 years and have winnowed down a lot of my possessions - don't desperately hold onto things - give em away ya cheap bastid!
    I've been doing the "giving away" thingy for at least 10 years or more. I'm keeping a list of which relatives want which guns, etc. when I check out.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    At 77 I still have my mind (I think) but less of my body. Enjoy each day, limit yourself to one project a day, help your children and grandchildren the best you can to achieve the most education and future possible. I still am looking for good gun deals. We all know that this is not forever. Enjoy.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I'm 72, 73 in less than 2 months. The only relations I have left, that I ever see, are 2 nieces, 1 nephew and my grand-daughter. My son and only child passed on 3/29/2010 and left me my grand-daughter who is 18. There is no one to keep my name and family history going. My grand-daughters boyfriend told her that if they ever get married, that he will change his last name to hers so our family name will continue on.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    71 in one week. There is an up side to getting old. Lord willing I will not live to see the smoldering heap of shit this country is on track to becoming. My Mother is 93 and still chugging along. My Dad died at age 68 due to heart complications from being a prisoner of war in Japan for two years. It is my prayer that I do not live as long as my Mother has. I'm pretty sure that will not happen! Burned a lot of life up on the way to reaching 71 don't'cha know!!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom