• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    They're ARs are cheap for a reason. The products are made as quickly as possible by high school students and there is no QC whatsoever. Nearly every mfg error possible has been documented with them, and their premium lines cost as much as BCM, Colt, and SOLGW last time I looked.

From a budgetary standpoint, it makes more sense to pay 2X as much to get something that's more than 2X as good. The only exception is re-selling during panics, when it's easy to make 2x or 3x back what you paid. I really don't think there will be anymore panics unless something catastrophic happens to the country. Politically, that movement is nearly dead.

Their H&R retro line is a separate conversation. I hope they don't screw those up.

They can often be a good place to buy accessories and ammo for cheap. Their AAC 75gr looks very good for the price. I'd live to see some velocity and gel tests. Hopefully it's not as overpressured as their early 55gr which grouped at 4MOA and frequently blew out primers.

They own Toolcraft now, and for ehat they charge for BCGs you can get a superior Microbest for the same or less money for AR15discounts.

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    My PSA AR's will run any ammo that I stick in them...except one. I built a retro 20 inch AR and it refuses to run steel case ammo. I didn't have a lot of it and I shot it in my other rifles.

With an H&R upper?

Not running steel case can actually be a good thing. Means the gun is tuned to shoot brass very softly. Nice conservative gas port size.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    I really don't think there will be anymore panics unless something catastrophic happens to the country.

Oh ye of little faith.

When Fox News goes 24/7 with Gavin Newsom as the next boogeyman in a few months, price support will flow unto us like mana from heaven. :)

Good PSA analysis above. Thank you.

dpetrlak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    Watch for Sales. If you are building and you believe all the "Quality Issues" posts....
    The vast majority is a little casting residue here or there. (My take down pin won't go in, my something doesn't fit smoothly, etc.) But what an awesome opportunity to look at the installation of each part as it gets installed. That's how you learn.
    And while there are many that just like buying upper name brand stuff. In reality the vast majority of accuracy for the vast majority of AR shots, is going to the barrel.
    Now Maybe out to targets that you can't actually see, the precise alignment of the upper with the barrel is important, But if that bolt locks up into the "barrel" and stays locked for the appropriate amount of time, all those other parts are about reliability and operability in tough conditions.
    By the time YOU experience those, you'll be a build or 2 down the road.
    Build it, tune it, refine it, enjoy shooting it, and learn about it while making those changes.

uilim

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    missouri city texas
    Well my carry pistol is a PSA Rock 5.7 and it works great.
    IMG_7145.jpeg

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    They're ARs are cheap for a reason. The products are made as quickly as possible by high school students and there is no QC whatsoever. Nearly every mfg error possible has been documented with them, and their premium lines cost as much as BCM, Colt, and SOLGW last time I looked.

From a budgetary standpoint, it makes more sense to pay 2X as much to get something that's more than 2X as good. The only exception is re-selling during panics, when it's easy to make 2x or 3x back what you paid. I really don't think there will be anymore panics unless something catastrophic happens to the country. Politically, that movement is nearly dead.

Their H&R retro line is a separate conversation. I hope they don't screw those up.

They can often be a good place to buy accessories and ammo for cheap. Their AAC 75gr looks very good for the price. I'd live to see some velocity and gel tests. Hopefully it's not as overpressured as their early 55gr which grouped at 4MOA and frequently blew out primers.

They own Toolcraft now, and for ehat they charge for BCGs you can get a superior Microbest for the same or less money for AR15discounts.
    Their, not they are

Brady

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2021
    Port Lavaca, TX
    I haven't gotten much from PSA, I guess because early on I was warned against them.... Thinking I'll have to take another look, now.....
    I HAVE used quite a few parts from another company that has about the same kinda rep as PSA.... Bear Creek Arsenal is around the same price point, and I've used multiple uppers, lowers, BCGs, and barrels in builds, and have yet to have an unresolved issue.... In fact, the ONLY issue I can think of was a bad firing pin and too weak spring for an AR47 build in one of their Gen 1 7.62x39 uppers..... Contacted BCA and they remedied the problem immediately and even had the new parts overnighted to me on their dime.... Their customer service is unparalleled.....

Brady

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2021
    Port Lavaca, TX
    My latest build, a PCC in 9mm (from an 80% lower) uses one of their (BCA) left side charging stripped uppers, and I couldn't be happier with the performance of it!

Attachments

• 20230723_101619.jpg
      20230723_101619.jpg
      289.3 KB · Views: 52

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Oh ye of little faith.

When Fox News goes 24/7 with Gavin Newsom as the next boogeyman in a few months, price support will flow unto us like mana from heaven. :)

Good PSA analysis above. Thank you.

I'm not sure. The last few AWB threats haven't moved sales much. 15 years ago i yoy told people you owned an AR-15, they' think you were a militia nut. Now their so common only the most sheltered eccentrics reach the same conclusion.

It seems like everyone who was on the ence now has an AR, as well as several who were against them.

Top Bottom