• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I bought my daughter a complete upper w/barrel and furniture, and it has always run just fine. Manufacturing quality of the avg rifle is about the same everywhere now.

Keep them clean inside, and they will run.

ETA: And keep them lubed.*

BTW, a good BCG can make a diff, but I found that the coated/treated ones are easier to clean.

* Personally, I prefer a light synthetic lube over the MILspec recommended grease. It runs well, and is so much easier to clean.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    You're so full of hot air. Machines do better QC than humans.

A perfectly gassed rifle now will be under gassed dirty.

A perfectly gassed rifle now will be over gassed win a can.

I'll take an overgassed rifle over a marginally gassed rifle anyday, even if its harder on the parts. Parts are wear items. Youre bragging about detuning your race car engine so you dont wear out tires...

Buy the time you shoot enough to break stuff on an over gassed gun your ammo costs will dwarf the $100 for an entire BCG or $250 for BCG and barrel..

My rifle is a tool, it gets banged around and dirty and used. Bolts and extractors and barrels are wear items. You shouldnt expect to run them forever without repairing wear items

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

You're not understanding, and you clearly have no clue how ARs are QCed. Go argue with a certified armorer about how their training and guages are inferior to (non-existant) machine QC that lets incomplete and out of spec lowers get sold to customers.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You're not understanding, and you clearly have no clue how ARs are QCed. Go argue with a certified armorer about how their training and guages are inferior to (non-existant) machine QC that lets incomplete and out of spec lowers get sold to customers.
    I'm not saying nice guns are not nicer, I love my SCAR, but when it comes to ARs: Once you get in at the $5-600 level the factory guns work and work well to the point it is statistically silly to act as if they dont.

If I was picking a battle buddy, I'd take the guy with a $400 PSA blem rifle who spent the other $1000 - 1500 on ammo, mags and a few spare parts over a larper with a BCM/DD and put 20rnds through slowfiring at paper when they make it to the range.

Sure, if you sat a BCM and PSA AR out and said I could take one home, I'd take the BCM, but not because it works any better or would be any more reliable than the PSA.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    No way in hell I'm spending over 2k on a factory AR. Although I can, I'm not going to! I roll my own with what parts are out there and most of the time I'm spending close to 2.5-3k (without optic), but get what I want. I have 4 factory AR's 2 RR 308's, 1 RR 223wylde and 1 s&w 5.56 (my favorite).I know a few other peeps that their go-to is psa and have 0 issues with their complete uppers of many flavors and complete lowers. I've had peeps say that AP wasn't a good company, but every barrel I get from them have been very good.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Am I the only person who can't post pics here? Just got a pic of a PSA'd up build with the internals PSA'd and one of the pins sticking 1/8" out of the receiver.

Last edited:

E_J_54

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2024
    San Antonio
    I had a couple GF3s, they ran fine. My AKV in 9mm was a nightmare. Recoil spring assembly disassembled itself the first range trip. Also had a problem with hammer follow or something along those lines, it's been awhile.
    Did you ever get your AKV sorted? Did PSA take care of the issues?

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Had a PSA upper on an AR pistol that ran like a champ. I threw that upper on another member's M16 lower and put a couple mags thru it full auto (yeah, super stress test I know...) and it didn't have any issues there. Was plenty accurate at the 120ish yards I stretched out to - but that was the longest range I got to shoot it while I owned that particular sample.

I've got a stripped PSA lower sitting on the desk next to a Micro Dagger frame - need to finish piecing together both guns. Waiting for the Micro Dagger C1 slides to come back in stock.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I do not own anything made by PSA. I did order something from them but cannot remember what it was. They shipped it quick enough.

I'm really interested in their clone of the H&K MP7. I'll wait until it been out for a year so I'm not dealing with a problem they may have passed over one to bring it to market. I'd be surprised if itvdoes come to market ? H&K will more then likely sue them.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I'll never own another PSA, but I may end up with a H&R 723 late. It's really calling to me to do an old Delta clone. Thankfully H&R is formally Nodak Spud and from what I have heard they are doing their own thing away from PSA.
    Screenshot_20240621_202040_Samsung Internet.jpg

Top Bottom