• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slammer13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2023
    Round Rock
    I acquired a GF3 in trade and am happy with it. I have a couple of their ar15 uppers and am equally content with them. I've been jonesing for one of their daggers but only if it was in .40 S&W. In hindsight, as I typed that thought out I realized some may question my judgement outright for being a .40 fan. :shades:
    I am also interested in the Dagger. I do not own a 9, looks like a contender. The Rock 556 doesn't interest me at the moment.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I am also interested in the Dagger. I do not own a 9, looks like a contender. The Rock 556 doesn't interest me at the moment.

If you're on their email list just wait for the "blem" frame of your color choice. They normally run $50. Usually in the same ad there will be a complete slide of the same color for $200.

With shipping and transfer my Daggers run me around $320 each.

Or, at least once a week, they offer a deal with a complete Dagger, mags, and a bag for $370-$400 depending on how many mags.

There are two frame sizes. Compact and full sized. Both take the compact slide, making either a G19 or G45 clone.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    The Dagger is good to go. I have a few of them. I would buy a frame when they were on sale. Wait until slides were on sale and get one. I'm not a big fan of the Magpul magazines but I have enough Glock mags to make do.

Quixote Six

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2019
    Dallas
    The Dagger is good to go. I have a few of them. I would buy a frame when they were on sale. Wait until slides were on sale and get one. I'm not a big fan of the Magpul magazines but I have enough Glock mags to make do.
    I have several Daggers in different sizes as well, and while I have had problems with Magpul mags in regular Glocks, they run fine in all my Daggers. Another reason to buy PSA.

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    You don’t say, I didn’t know that they made such a treasure. Got a pic?

I’d like to get one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All of these meme lowers are limited edition type stuff. They've been sold out for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    You don’t say, I didn’t know that they made such a treasure. Got a pic?

I’d like to get one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IMG_1405.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I don't think i agree. Older colts, for all the stupid stuff they did, large pin lowers, takedown pins, sear blocks, and semi BCG's, all shoot fantastically. Colt knows how to make a fantastic AR barrel and that isn't something Bushmaster was ever able to step to Colt with. There's other stuff, things like proper HPT/MPI on bolts, proper gas port size, gas key/castle nut staking, extractor spring inserts, etc.
    a lot of colt guns in the 60s, 70s, 80's, and 90's tended to be made with whatever was left over in the factory, so you have SP1s with full fence lowers and sporter iis with slab side lowers, many variations of upper ect ect, but I feel bushmaster back in the day was a pretty good way to get an AR15 in ye olden times, of course you had SGW, which then turned to Oly Arms later in life. and a few other smaller manufacturers that made AR15s.

my "period correct" retro gun is built off bushmaster parts, lower and upper with some more modern parts thrown in the mix for smooth operation.

ithaca 37 Bushmaster VP70.jpg

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    a lot of colt guns in the 60s, 70s, 80's, and 90's tended to be made with whatever was left over in the factory, so you have SP1s with full fence lowers and sporter iis with slab side lowers, many variations of upper ect ect, but I feel bushmaster back in the day was a pretty good way to get an AR15 in ye olden times, of course you had SGW, which then turned to Oly Arms later in life. and a few other smaller manufacturers that made AR15s.

my "period correct" retro gun is built off bushmaster parts, lower and upper with some more modern parts thrown in the mix for smooth operation.

View attachment 395977
    You are correct about Colt, but bushmaster missed a lot of stuff that really shouldn't be missed

Which would you rather have? A slab side lower with some weird dimensions or an unsealed, unstaked BCG that wasn't hpt/mpi'd? We can pick and choose and fix all that now, but back then things weren't so easy.

Bushmaster made some good stuff, but they also got a lot of stuff wrong.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    You are correct about Colt, but bushmaster missed a lot of stuff that really shouldn't be missed

Which would you rather have? A slab side lower with some weird dimensions or an unsealed, unstaked BCG that wasn't hpt/mpi'd? We can pick and choose and fix all that now, but back then things weren't so easy.

Bushmaster made some good stuff, but they also got a lot of stuff wrong.
    the company that was worse about not staking was probably DPMS tbh, all the vintage bushmasters ive seen and owned had staked gas keys.

Top Bottom