• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The way I look at it if the parked car is in your lane the other lane has the right of way.

Yep, but 99% of the drivers in the urban cesspool I'm forced to play in prefer to play chicken and expect you to yield to them when their lane is blocked.

What I recall from driver's ed 60 years ago there was a law to that effect, but I can't find it.

Be nice to be able to cite it, if for no other reason than to stick up some idiot's ass ...

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If someone is traveling faster then move to the right because you are "moving more slowly"
    Actually, if all cars are traveling the same speed except for 1 faster person, the people traveling at the same speed do not have to move over for the faster person. Unless signs are posted for left lane passing only

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Then, we've got those who drive slightly below the posted speed limit, but speed up when someone moves to the left lane to pass. This can create a "rolling roadblock".

So. Who is the *******? The one who sped up? Or the one who didn't ?
    The ones that are the fûckers are the ones that pass you, move over in front of you, and then slow down to less than your current speed . . .

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Take deep, cleansing breaths.......

It's driving, not sport.

If you're driving keep in mind - you don't control other drivers.

Stay emotionally flexible and you'll probably arrive in a reasonable time or hell yeah, go ape shit about other drivers not conforming to your liking.....

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Actually, if all cars are traveling the same speed except for 1 faster person, the people traveling at the same speed do not have to move over for the faster person. Unless signs are posted for left lane passing only
    All cars do not travel at the same speed. Speeds vary. The car traveling faster is part of the other vehicles. The slower car should move.

3 cars abreast traveling ~ 55mph. Speed limit is 65. Sunny day. No other traffic. Other car traveling 65mph. You're saying the car in the left lane should not move to the right because the 3 dictate the normal speed?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    All cars do not travel at the same speed. Speeds vary. The car traveling faster is part of the other vehicles. The slower car should move.

3 cars abreast traveling ~ 55mph. Speed limit is 65. Sunny day. No other traffic. Other car traveling 65mph. You're saying the car in the left lane should not move to the right because the 3 dictate the normal speed?

Don’t confuse “have to” with “should”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Don’t confuse “have to” with “should”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not. Well, mostly not :) No one has to do anything. Whether legal or not people make their own decisions. I'm questioning the interpretation of this

An operator of a vehicle on a roadway moving more slowly than the normal speed of other vehicles at the time and place under the existing conditions shall drive in the right-hand lane available for vehicles, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, unless the operator is: .....

To me this means a driver is suppose to move right. But I can see how it depends on the interpretation of normal speed and conditions. I also think my upbringing of moving over for faster traffic effects my interpretation

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Asians - Absolutely wonderful folks, great at most things, in fact superior, but driving isn't one of them and I haven't a clue why......?

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Three times I've been rear-ended by women drivers. Every time I was the ONLY car at the red light. Two times I was in a postal vehicle. The other time was 0645 in the morning and I was stopped under a street light.

EVERY one of the women said they never saw me there. I asked all three when the hell they were intending to stop. None of them had an answer.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    The ones that are the fûckers are the ones that pass you, move over in front of you, and then slow down to less than your current speed . . .
    Yaaaaa.....thats baaaad. Had a couple of baaaad experiences there.

...and pacers. No ones mentioned them. Cruising along peacefully, pass a slower car in the other lane, go to get back over and suddenly they are riding in your blindspot. Thats a problem. I play the drunk driver at that point. Making sure there's clearance, I drift into their lane about a quarter ways and then jerk back suddenly. A few of those and people will wake up real quick and get the hell away from you.

Top Bottom