• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If people are doing 60 in the fast lane & a 65mph speed limit then IMO they are the ones causing wrecks. If your a slow ass, get out the way.
    Which is the whole topic of this thread. Move your slow ass out the fast lane.

it is not the "fast lane". Where there is signage, it is the passing only lane. Following too closely and changing lanes without looking, along with too great of a speed, causes wreck. A speed limit is the highest speed, not the lowest.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Why is it a majority of drivers I see camped out In the left lane have okla tags? I’m originally from okla and I swear they teach keep right pass left for 4 lane roads in drivers ed (or at least they did back in my day)

Drives me nuts! GET OVER!

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    it is not the "fast lane". Where there is signage, it is the passing only lane. Following too closely and changing lanes without looking, along with too great of a speed, causes wreck. A speed limit is the highest speed, not the lowest.

Fast lane/passing lane... if I'm passing, I'm accelerating past the vehicle I'm passing... it's not like I'm rolling 80-90mph cutting people off & not using my blinker.. I'm not a 16 year old that just got his license.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    If people are doing 60 in the fast lane & a 65mph speed limit then IMO they are the ones causing wrecks. If your a slow ass, get out the way.
    Which is the whole topic of this thread. Move your slow ass out the fast lane.
    Indeed. Impeding traffic is not only annoying it promotes the dangerous people with poor habits to zip in and out of lanes

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin

(b) An operator of a vehicle on a roadway moving more slowly than the normal speed of other vehicles at the time and place under the existing conditions shall drive in the right-hand lane available for vehicles, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, unless the operator is:
    (1) passing another vehicle; or

(2) preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

I'm not an attorney but that seems clear to me. I understand what was posted about signage on a multiple lane road but this, to me, means to move to the right if another vehicle is traveling faster than you no matter the road. Just my interpretation

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    (b) An operator of a vehicle on a roadway moving more slowly than the normal speed of other vehicles at the time and place under the existing conditions shall drive in the right-hand lane available for vehicles, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, unless the operator is:

(2) preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

I'm not an attorney but that seems clear to me. I understand what was posted about signage on a multiple lane road but this, to me, means to move to the right if another vehicle is traveling faster than you no matter the road. Just my interpretation

Spent a tour in Germany, driving on the Autobahn.

Passing was on the left only, and all commercial vehicle/trucks stayed in the far right lane only, and parked on that shoulder during peak traffic hours.

Made infinite sense at the time, considering no speed limit ... probably makes sense today.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Then, we've got those who drive slightly below the posted speed limit, but speed up when someone moves to the left lane to pass. This can create a "rolling roadblock".

So. Who is the asshole? The one who sped up? Or the one who didn't ?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    My guess is those people may be on a phone or fiddle fucken with something. Or their just pricks. I see it all the time.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    My guess is those people may be on a phone or fiddle fucken with something. Or their just pricks. I see it all the time.

The same one's, first or second in line in the left turn lane, who wait 20 seconds after the light changes before deciding to mosey along at a snails pace and finally make the turn, just long enough that no one else can make it.

First noticed this with Pi(r)ous drivers in Austin a few years back.

Seems to have spread to the wilds of Arkansas, especially if they see a Texas plate behind them.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    The same one's, first or second in line in the left turn lane, who wait 20 seconds after the light changes before deciding to mosey along at a snails pace and finally make the turn, just long enough that no one else can make it.
    Those jerks get my horn loud and long until they move.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

b) An operator of a vehicle on a roadway moving more slowly than the normal speed of other vehicles at the time and place under the existing conditions shall drive in the right-hand lane b) An operator of a vehicle on a roadway moving more slowly than the normal speed of other vehicles at the time and place under the existing conditions shall drive in the right-hand lane available for vehicles, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, unless the operator is: for vehicles, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, unless the operator is:

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    b) An operator of a vehicle on a roadway

Nothing to do with the topic, but a question :

On a two lane street, and your lane is partially blocked by a parked vehicle, is there a law in Texas requiring you to yield to oncoming traffic before you cross the center line to navigate around the parked vehicle?

Seems common sense would dictate you should always yield to oncoming traffic, but in the situation above many folks totally disregard oncoming traffic when navigating around parked vehicles.

A cite would be handy.
    Thanks ...

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Nothing to do with the topic, but a question :

On a two lane street, and your lane is partially blocked by a parked vehicle, is there a law in Texas requiring you to yield to oncoming traffic before you cross the center line to navigate around the parked vehicle?

Seems common sense would dictate you should always yield to oncoming traffic, but in the situation above many folks totally disregard oncoming traffic when navigating around parked vehicles.

A cite would be handy.
    Thanks ...
    The way I look at it if the parked car is in your lane the other lane has the right of way.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    b) An operator of a vehicle on a roadway moving more slowly than the normal speed of other vehicles at the time and place under the existing conditions shall drive in the right-hand lane b) An operator of a vehicle on a roadway moving more slowly than the normal speed of other vehicles at the time and place under the existing conditions shall drive in the right-hand lane available for vehicles, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, unless the operator is: for vehicles, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, unless the operator is:
    If someone is traveling faster then move to the right because you are "moving more slowly"

Top Bottom