• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I think they do it as a game to piss all the people wanting to roll 70+ behind them. If you've known any truck drivers, they have nothing else better to do than to piss the 4 wheelers off that cut in front of them & then slam on their brakes on a daily basis.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    It’s irrelevant left vs right. As far as just having an opinion. As far as the metroplex people are just retarded. Seen a lady go down my street, roughly 50 yards until the stop sign. Looking at her phone, the whole time, kids in the back. She had a hard stop at the sign.

My favorite are the accident gazers. I wanna go home...I’m not interested in looking at a crash. Then when the gazers pass the accident they drive like assholes. No sense in seeing a person taken away to a hospital or their nice car totaled and thinking wow that could be me. Nope. Literally “derp hur dur me first, oh look Facebook “ is what their thinking.

Another one that gets me are people who pass on the right, while before coming to an on ramp or merging lane. Then make a gesture as to be baffled why they have slowed down.

People just need to tailgate big rigs more and eat it. Scraping em off the road is a good solution.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I think they do it as a game to piss all the people wanting to roll 70+ behind them. If you've known any truck drivers, they have nothing else better to do than to piss the 4 wheelers off that cut in front of them & then slam on their brakes on a daily basis.
    Tx State Police ran these "rolling roadblocks" when the 1974, 55mph limit was in effect.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    It’s irrelevant left vs right. As far as just having an opinion. As far as the metroplex people are just retarded. Seen a lady go down my street, roughly 50 yards until the stop sign. Looking at her phone, the whole time, kids in the back. She had a hard stop at the sign.

My favorite are the accident gazers. I wanna go home...I’m not interested in looking at a crash. Then when the gazers pass the accident they drive like assholes. No sense in seeing a person taken away to a hospital or their nice car totaled and thinking wow that could be me. Nope. Literally “derp hur dur me first, oh look Facebook “ is what their thinking.

Another one that gets me are people who pass on the right, while before coming to an on ramp or merging lane. Then make a gesture as to be baffled why they have slowed down.

People just need to tailgate big rigs more and eat it. Scraping em off the road is a good solution.
    Have a different opinion on accident gazing. If I get stuck in some huge backup because of a wreck it had better be worth my time. I want to see the carnage.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Left lane dickbags that ride the lane the whole way are probably the same people that shift two or three lanes on a turn at a stop sign and get pissed when you make a right turn, staying in your lane. I have a dashcam in my truck now, crap has been getting out of control as the years go on.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Two vehicles driving side by side with cars stacking up behind them in both lanes. Are they just oblivious to what's going on, or are they just being assholes? You be the judge.

i can't stand driving next to someone at the same speed, but some folks seem to enjoy it.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'll just toss this in here, and let y'all argue about it...

TRANSPORTATION CODE
    TITLE 7. VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC
    SUBTITLE C. RULES OF THE ROAD
    CHAPTER 545. OPERATION AND MOVEMENT OF VEHICLES
    SUBCHAPTER B. DRIVING ON RIGHT SIDE OF ROADWAY AND PASSING
    Sec. 545.051. DRIVING ON RIGHT SIDE OF ROADWAY. (a) An operator on a roadway of sufficient width shall drive on the right half of the roadway, unless:

(1) the operator is passing another vehicle;

(2) an obstruction necessitates moving the vehicle left of the center of the roadway and the operator yields the right-of-way to a vehicle that:

(A) is moving in the proper direction on the unobstructed portion of the roadway; and

(B) is an immediate hazard;

(3) the operator is on a roadway divided into three marked lanes for traffic; or

(4) the operator is on a roadway restricted to one-way traffic.

(b) An operator of a vehicle on a roadway moving more slowly than the normal speed of other vehicles at the time and place under the existing conditions shall drive in the right-hand lane available for vehicles, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, unless the operator is:

(1) passing another vehicle; or

(2) preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

(c) An operator on a roadway having four or more lanes for moving vehicles and providing for two-way movement of vehicles may not drive left of the center line of the roadway except:

(1) as authorized by an official traffic-control device designating a specified lane to the left side of the center of the roadway for use by a vehicle not otherwise permitted to use the lane;

(2) under the conditions described by Subsection (a)(2); or

(3) in crossing the center line to make a left turn into or out of an alley, private road, or driveway.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    If only people understood that. In Houston, the slowest drivers will make the fastest bee-line for the left lane immediately upon entering the freeway.

Followed, by less than a foot, a texting female driver ...

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was on I-10 going to New Orleans a few weeks ago. I was just on the other side of Lake Charles & these two 18 wheelers were going 60mph, side by side for several miles & all the traffic behind us was starting to back up...I'd say about 3 miles of vehicles behind these two ass clowns. I was the 3rd vehicle behind them & finally a over pass with a entrance on to the freeway came up & I took the should over to the entrance ramp to get around them. Once I got around them the 18 wheeler in the left lane finally got over.

It was funny, we had the kids with us & as were passing them my wife gives the 18wheeler the finger, then says I'm not setting a very good example :roflfunny:
    A buddy of mine called the HP on a couple of clowns doing the same thing. They wen't for MILES side by side.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

That why I'm here in West Texas. My job was pushing me closer to Dallas. I had enough of that BS. It blows my mind how many people think their invincible while driving a tin can with wheels.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Have a different opinion on accident gazing. If I get stuck in some huge backup because of a wreck it had better be worth my time. I want to see the carnage.
    Did it ever occur to you, even for a second, that your actions may be similar to the people you're stuck behind? No? Then you're the problem.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    .... It blows my mind how many people think their invincible while driving a tin can with wheels.

There was a time when you had to learn the mechanics of a car's components, and how to fix them.

Gave you a much finer appreciation of just what it took to stop one at highway speeds. Few of today's males, and even fewer females, have a clue ...

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There was a time when you had to learn the mechanics of a car's components, and how to fix them.

Gave you a much finer appreciation of just what it took to stop one at highway speeds. Few of today's males, and even fewer females, have a clue ...
    This is true. If you have never rebuilt/replaced drum brakes, you have no clue just how much your life dangling on a string.

A lot of the problem has to do with marketing. These car commercials are ridiculous. They always portray folks in a car mashing the gas and talking about safety ratings. No car is safe. It's a coffin with wheels. The only safe factor is the driver.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm good with the left lane speeders. If they wanna haul buns... more power to them. I have a CDL. So, I don't speed.

I do have an issue with people who feel entitled to have a clear left lane and get pissed when someone who is slower is in their way, all awhile the right hand lane is clear and they can go around. My turn off to the house is a left hand turn off a 4 lane divided hwy. A lot of times I get in the left lane miles before my turn off.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Two vehicles driving side by side with cars stacking up behind them in both lanes. Are they just oblivious to what's going on, or are the just being assholes? You be the judge.

i can't stand driving next to someone at the same speed, but some folks seem to enjoy it.
    I can't stand it. Can't tell ya how many times i've let off the cruise control to get away from people. Traffic has gaps most of the time. Idiots travel in packs. After years of 2wheel riding you get use to finding and riding in those gaps.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I can't stand it. Can't tell ya how many times i've let off the cruise control to get away from people. Traffic has gaps most of the time. Idiots travel in packs. After years of 2wheel riding you get use to finding and riding in those gaps.

Way back in the day, when I took drivers ed there were several themes that they taught. One was to avoid "wolf packs" and position yourself alone whenever possible.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    edmonsonjohn68
    Top Bottom