• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Did it ever occur to you, even for a second, that your actions may be similar to the people you're stuck behind? No? Then you're the problem.
    Yes it absolutely occurred to me. Just because my actions are similar dosent mean I have any controller in the matter of what the people in front of me are doing.
    If I'm passing an accident at 5 mpg, I'm rubber necking. If my wife is in the car I don't look, I make her describe everything.

I'm the problem. I'll accept that.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes it absolutely occurred to me. Just because my actions are similar dosent mean I have any controller in the matter of what the people in front of me are doing.
    If I'm passing an accident at 5 mpg, I'm rubber necking. If my wife is in the car I don't look, I make her describe everything.

I'm the problem. I'll accept that.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    I use that time to text:green:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I was on I-10 going to New Orleans a few weeks ago. I was just on the other side of Lake Charles & these two 18 wheelers were going 60mph, side by side for several miles & all the traffic behind us was starting to back up...I'd say about 3 miles of vehicles behind these two ass clowns. I was the 3rd vehicle behind them & finally a over pass with a entrance on to the freeway came up & I took the should over to the entrance ramp to get around them. Once I got around them the 18 wheeler in the left lane finally got over.

It was funny, we had the kids with us & as were passing them my wife gives the 18wheeler the finger, then says I'm not setting a very good example :roflfunny:
    I lived in the bad part of LA for a few years. People died over doing shit like that. Now I am quiet like a heavily armed mouse.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I can't stand it. Can't tell ya how many times i've let off the cruise control to get away from people. Traffic has gaps most of the time. Idiots travel in packs. After years of 2wheel riding you get use to finding and riding in those gaps.

Yeah, I'm what they call an "aggressive driver".
    I'll look for opportunities to get ahead of the "pack".

But, I always use my blinker when changing lanes .

:green:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I try to stay behind the pack. When you are behind them, it's easier to keep an eye on and prepare for what the idiot drivers might do. Never pass a drunk driver. :)

My wife is the opposite. She can not stand just going with the flow. When we travel together, I rarely let her drive. It's a white knuckler for me. Tailgating, hasty lane changes, general frustration with other drivers. Stop signs, green lights turning yellow, heh, those are just suggestions. Please excuse the rant.

I have to admit, she has become somewhat more cautious after binge watching all those youtube car crash videos.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I try to stay behind the pack. When you are behind them, it's easier to keep an eye on and prepare for what the idiot drivers might do. Never pass a drunk driver. :)

My wife is the opposite. She can not stand just going with the flow. When we travel together, I rarely let her drive. It's a white knuckler for me. Tailgating, hasty lane changes, general frustration with other drivers. Stop signs, green lights turning yellow, heh, those are just suggestions. Please excuse the rant.

I have to admit, she has become somewhat more cautious after binge watching all those youtube car crash videos.
    Mine has become more diligent after many heated debates about her once poor driving skills.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Yeah, I'm what they call an "aggressive driver".
    I'll look for opportunities to get ahead of the "pack".

But, I always use my blinker when changing lanes .

:green:
    Yep i'm an aggressive driver as well, i think it comes from being a 2 wheeler for many years.
    I hate being stuck behind slow drivers... drives me crazy. My wife has to look at the phone or sleep, says i scare her :green:
    Im not crazy bad driver, but i will get close to the car in front of me to shoot the gap next to me to get around the slow mofos.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    It's a coffin with wheels. The only safe factor is the driver.
    This. As a previous driving trainer and a guy who’s driven bigger rigs for work, people of tgt consider this: everyday bad habits can kill you in an instant.

Fallowing too close: If you’re a tailgater, you need to stop. It’s not a matter of scare tactics. If you slam on those breaks at say over 60mph, if you don’t have some distance between you, you’re in trouble. You lose seconds just from reacting; the time it takes your brain get your body to react, then your rig does the rest. I promise, almost everyone on this forum drives to close. Think about it when you have your gf or wife or kids. Or the car in front of you may have kids.

Phones: put em down. Talking to people is overrated. Drive and ignore. Even for work. If you think it’s important, pull over. Don’t be that guy. You are just getting in others way and distracting yourself.

Don’t be in a rush: if you’re late for work, own it. Don’t put others at risk cause you’re too retarded to leave at a reasonable time. If an accident happens and you’re late, oh fucking well.

Merging: would you look? For fucks sake is it that hard people can’t look and time their approach? What is with these mofos in the metroplex going slow when merging? You have a gas peddle...use it. You’re just going to impede traffic by merging like a scared bag of dicks.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Y'all are what I call waterbugs, darting everywhich way. Cause more wrecks than anyone.
    If people are doing 60 in the fast lane & a 65mph speed limit then IMO they are the ones causing wrecks. If your a slow ass, get out the way.
    Which is the whole topic of this thread. Move your slow ass out the fast lane.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    On just about any Fwy in Houston the speed limit is 60 within the loops.
    Drive at that speed, in any lane and not during rush hour, and you're obstructing traffic ...

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    edmonsonjohn68
    Top Bottom