TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    They weren't taught that in OCS.

<>

I always listened to our Sergeants.

Now, “Warrant Officers”, especially the “WOPA’s” were an entirely different matter. Had to keep an eye on them at all times.

One evening I was M.O.D. supervising the E.D at Fort Hood, with a couple WOPA’s up front.

Through the open side-door, I heard one of them loudly say “B G; hey Buddy, what the f__k kind of rank is “BG”, anyway ?

I flew through the door faster than O.J. trying to hide the bloody gloves; “General, Sir, please excuse the WOPA, he is ignorant. What could we do for you Sir?”

Luckily, the General was cool, just laughed it off. But the WOPA needed resuscitation.

<>

Last edited:

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    <>

Now, “Warrant Officers”, especially the “WOPA’s” were an entirely different matter. Had to keep an eye on them at all times.

<>
    During my time as a Warrant Officer Candidate I heard the story that, a WO and a LT were in the restroom at the officers club where the LT told the WO that in OCS they were taught to wash their hands after taking a leak. The WO replied that in WOFT, they were taught not to piss on their hands.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    During my time as a Warrant Officer Candidate I heard the story that, a WO and a LT were in the restroom at the officers club where the LT told the WO that in OCS they were taught to wash their hands after taking a leak. The WO replied that in WOFT, they were taught not to piss on their hands.

I had little contact with most WO’s, only the WOPA’s.

My Friends who were Special Forces spoke highly of the WO Pilots.

Last edited:

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Hell yeah.

~ strength and honor ~

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    &lt;&gt;

All Americans need to understand that having a gun or holding a gun are not crimes nor threats.

Those media-taught attitudes are real threats to us all.

Florida Panhandle folks are pretty conservative; a mix of Southerners & Military Veterans.

Let’s stay true to our 2A quests !

A 911 call re “A man with a gun” could well be about one of US !

leVieux

&lt;&gt;
    Answering a door with a gun in hand to a cop on scene of a reported violent disturbance/assault, who loudly announced... its just not reasonably believe that guy was anything but threat which justified deadly force.

There is no lawful reason to answer a knock by displaying a gun to an apartment common area.

It is not a risk I would take and not a risk I would expect anyone else to take.

You cannot expect anyone, even cops, to have to wait to get shot before using deadly force. The totality of circumstances made it reasonable to believe the guys was holding the gun (means) with the intent to cause the deputy (or another) serious bodily injury or death.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Game Wardens come into contact with plenty of folks holding guns on initial contact..............

...........and do not shoot them.............

Don't misunderstand, my Son was with our SO for 7 years before joining the CC Port PD.........even he has made the comment, let a Jury decide if he's indicted.....

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Answering a door with a gun in hand to a cop on scene of a reported violent disturbance/assault, who loudly announced... its just not reasonably believe that guy was anything but threat which justified deadly force.

There is no lawful reason to answer a knock by displaying a gun to an apartment common area.

It is not a risk I would take and not a risk I would expect anyone else to take.

You cannot expect anyone, even cops, to have to wait to get shot before using deadly force. The totality of circumstances made it reasonable to believe the guys was holding the gun (means) with the intent to cause the deputy (or another) serious bodily injury or death.

you must really like the taste of boot polish.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

<>

“on scene of a reported violent disturbance/assault’’

No, the decedent was in his own home, minding his own business, on the phone with his GF. Just how was he supposed to know any of that ?

I don’t share your opinion, and I doubt that many on here do, either.

I am told by those who investigate these things that virtually every criminal home invasion starts with loud knocking and ‘’Police; Open-Up!”

We all watched the warrant-servicing HPD Officer’s murder, by full auto fire through a door, a couple years back, and were horrified.

But that doesn’t justify LEO’s going around murdering innocent Citizens in their own homes. PERIOD !

And, I am one who supports our Police, by more than lip service.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    the victim didn’t know it was a police officer responding to a DV call. Hard to believe that we are this far into the thread and it still needs to be pointed out that the victims POV was different from the officers.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Game Wardens come into contact with plenty of folks holding guns on initial contact..............

Don't misunderstand, my Son was with our SO for 7 years before joining the CC Port PD.........even he has made the comment, let a Jury decide if he's indicted.....
    Very different circumstances...

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    the victim didn’t know it was a police officer responding to a DV call. Hard to believe that we are this far into the thread and it still needs to be pointed out that the victims POV was different from the officers.
    He didnt need to know it was a cop for him to know it was a terrible idea to opennthe door and display a gun to someone in the public, common area of an apartment...

And ultimately it isn't what the dead guy knew, its what is reasonable for the deputy to believe. And after knocking and announcing loudly, its reasonable to think who ever opens the door knew it was a cop knocking...

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas

Game wardens come in contact with lots and lots of folks each day, they are a special breed and smart...

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    He didnt need to know it was a cop for him to know it was a terrible idea to opennthe door and display a gun to someone in the public, common area of an apartment...

And ultimately it isn't what the dead guy knew, its what is reasonable for the deputy to believe. And after knocking and announcing loudly, its reasonable to think who ever opens the door knew it was a cop knocking...

YOU think it was reasonable. That doesn’t mean it was.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas

If he's lucky someone on the Jury will agree with you..............

So far his department, the DA and a Grand Jury think otherwise...............

I won't be hearing the evidence as a Juror, so I must defer to their opinion........

FWIW....if Trump wins, look for legislation to give cops more immunity protection.......he has stated it publicly.........

Miami_JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2024
    FL

As a former Florida LEO.... nah bro. There is nothing criminal about what the Airman did. Especially with the fact that in Florida, it is somewhat common for folks to claim their police during a home invasion.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/police-investigate-southwest-miami-dade-home-invasion/

The issue in Florida is simple. Police are drilled into during their training that anyone with a gun is bad. That needs to damn stop. We have an inalienable right to keep and bear arms and that right has been enumerated multiple times now in the US Supreme Court.

But Florida LE continues to harass law-abiding citizens and sometimes that harassment results in deadly consequences.

Miami_JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2024
    FL

When I lived in a shitty apartment complex, I damn made sure I answered the door while armed when dirtbags pounded on my door. Amazing what the sight of a GLOCK does to a vagabond wanting to make entry to my domicile. They suddenly change their attitude, apologize, and go look for another victim.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ERBach12
    Top Bottom