• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miami_JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2024
    FL
    He bowed to the alter of the woke...

Its really sad to see some of yall willfully ignorant and using your anti-authority bias to erode your own right to self defense. It is foolish and stupid.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    ¿Qué?

How about you pull up a chair and listen to today's interview I did on the Bob Rose Show.

image.png

https://www.audacy.com/podcast/bob-...ion-over-gun-laws-with-goas-luis-valdez-eeb12

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX

Its really sad to see some of yall willfully ignorant and using your anti-authority bias to erode your own right to self defense. It is foolish and stupid.

You may be legally right, but you're NOT right in the overwhelming public opinion. An opinion that hasn't been stained by terrible "everyone is dangerous" training. It's yours and other cops opinion this was good to go because of perception or fear of what MIGHT happen. That's an awfully low bar to take someone's life. The stakes are too high to be that trigger happy. That attitude of my life is worth more than yours is a huge detriment to any kind of prospering relationship between the public and the police.

Just something to think about, or continue being seen as the enemy by a larger portion of the public everyday.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

Or he realized he didn’t understand the situation correctly and changed his opinion. Pretty sure your opinion that it’s ok to shoot someone because they are armed inside their residence is more of a danger to our right to self defense than any other.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You may be legally right, but you're NOT right in the overwhelming public opinion. An opinion that hasn't been stained by terrible "everyone is dangerous" training. It's yours and other cops opinion this was good to go because of perception or fear of what MIGHT happen. That's an awfully low bar to take someone's life. The stakes are too high to be that trigger happy. That attitude of my life is worth more than yours is a huge detriment to any kind of prospering relationship between the public and the police.

Just something to think about, or continue being seen as the enemy by a larger portion of the public everyday.
    Why do you think this floridaman got out of his car with a gun?

Let's play pretend for a moment:

What if the viewer's car was a police car?
    Would the cops probably be justified in shooting floridaman?

What if he had stopped his car and because of his darkly tinted and broken windows, the cops cant see in the car and knock. When he opened the car door he has his hand on the gun in his lap (naturally he didn't know if it was real police who pulled him over [rolleyes])... good shoot?

I say most likey yes to both these very hypothetical situations for the same reasons the deputy was justified in shooting airfloridaman. #fafo
    7f66a8df6dec9719713cfc4586611b24.jpg

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Or he realized he didn’t understand the situation correctly and changed his opinion. Pretty sure your opinion that it’s ok to shoot someone because they are armed inside their residence is more of a danger to our right to self defense than any other.

Shooting someone only because they are armed isn't likely to be justification inside or outside of their home. I go into homes where people are armed one way or another all the time... police work and especially use of force law is not IF >THEN as your above statement describes.

There are a lot of factors that go into justiying this specific shooting:
    - Nature of the officers reason to be there
    - Facts reasonably believed by the officer
    - The Officers personal knowledge
    - The officer’s training
    - Was it night time or day
    - Is subject armed?
    - What is subject armed with?
    - Are there threats?
    - Prior hx with subj
    - subj access to potential victims
    - Is subject preventing access to vic
    And probably a hundred more little things...

Deputy was responding to a violent assault, and after knocking and announcing a guy popped out with a gun in hand, which the officer recognized as an immediate deadly threat and responded by using deadly force.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Why do you think this floridaman got out of his car with a gun?

Let's play pretend for a moment:

What if the viewer's car was a police car?
    Would the cops probably be justified in shooting floridaman?

What if he had stopped his car and because of his darkly tinted and broken windows, the cops cant see in the car and knock. When he opened the car door he has his hand on the gun in his lap (naturally he didn't know if it was real police who pulled him over [rolleyes])... good shoot?

I say most likey yes to both these very hypothetical situations for the same reasons the deputy was justified in shooting airfloridaman. #fafo
    7f66a8df6dec9719713cfc4586611b24.jpg

Is that an otherwise respectable clean cut guy walking back with a gun in his right hand, in nice neighborhood ? Must be surge of road rage maybe ? For starters, stay in your vehicle for sure. If you're carrying, have in hand but not flashing it. He may just want to talk shit because you honked, you say sorry, defuse the situation, defuse him. And if he raises the firearm towards you, blast his ass in self defense most would say. Btw, always great to have these cameras in vehicle, I'm getting a few 360 degrees installed in my Tundra.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Is that an otherwise respectable clean cut guy walking back with a gun in his right hand, in nice neighborhood ? Must be surge of road rage maybe ? For starters, stay in your vehicle for sure. If you're carrying, have in hand but not flashing it. He may just want to talk shit because you honked, you say sorry, defuse the situation, defuse him. And if he raises the firearm towards you, blast his ass in self defense most would say. Btw, always great to have these cameras in vehicle, I'm getting a few 360 degrees installed in my Tundra.
    By the time he raises the gun to shoot, you don't have time to react before you are taking rounds...

Miami_JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2024
    FL
    By the time he raises the gun to shoot, you don't have time to react before you are taking rounds...

Have you ever done any training on how to fight from a vehicle and more importantly how to fight to get out of a vehicle? Are you LE? What's your background?

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Shooting someone only because they are armed isn't likely to be justification inside or outside of their home. I go into homes where people are armed one way or another all the time... police work and especially use of force law is not IF >THEN as your above statement describes.

There are a lot of factors that go into justiying this specific shooting:
    - Nature of the officers reason to be there
    - Facts reasonably believed by the officer
    - The Officers personal knowledge
    - The officer’s training
    - Was it night time or day
    - Is subject armed?
    - What is subject armed with?
    - Are there threats?
    - Prior hx with subj
    - subj access to potential victims
    - Is subject preventing access to vic
    And probably a hundred more little things...

Deputy was responding to a violent assault, and after knocking and announcing a guy popped out with a gun in hand, which the officer recognized as an immediate deadly threat and responded by using deadly force.

-It would have been reasonable for the officer to realize that there was something wrong with the story he was given.
    -people are often armed. It should be expected that people are armed and that it doesn’t mean someone is doing something wrong.
    -there was no prior history between the victim and law enforcement.
    -it was clear that the victim was not trying to harm the officer.

Did they ever find the apartment where the assault was occurring?
    Another officer from the same department also recognized a falling acorn as an immediate deadly threat and responded with deadly force. both of these situations are a huge embarrassment for that department.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Have you ever done any training on how to fight from a vehicle and more importantly how to fight to get out of a vehicle? Are you LE? What's your background?

Mistake,

“CycleGuy” is pro LEO, full-time Texas LEO / Police w/ military experience.

He is a great Guy, we just disagree on this particular situation.

Very few non-criminal Citizens wish to give our LEO’s trouble.

leVieux

<>

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas

cycleguy2300 is absolutely correct......................action beats reaction........initial contact, the Airman had the advantage over the Deputy. I get it.......if he had nefarious intent...........

The only question in my mind is.............

Was the Deputy reasonable in believing the Airman was going to shoot him and he must shoot first to stop the threat.....

Was the Airman acting in a way that should have been interpreted as an immediate deadly threat?

I don't know, I wasn't there.......and neither was anyone else...............I can see both sides......it is not clear cut from either side......and anyone claiming otherwise is wrong, imho.......one's opinion does not = fact until all facts have been heard. No one here knows all the facts...............

Like I said, which ever way the Jury decides....I can accept...........

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    The other side of the coin are officers that don't think people will react negatively towards law enforcement.
    Cases in point:
    The officer who responded to a shots fired call in Minneapolis, went running up to a guy laying in the street, who happened to be the perp, and got shot for his efforts.

Or here in San Antonio, back in '89, when a buddy of mine went to a possible break-in, walked up to the two possible perps, without even having his weapon drawn. The jumped him, took control of his .357, and shot him in the groin.
    He never finished his shift that night.

Back in my hometown in Wisconsin, late '70s, the husband of my wife's friend went on a domestic. He was known as a hard ass prick, but whatever, the perp was trying to leave in his truck, when he walked up to him. The perp pulled his pistol, and that officer didn't finish his shift either.

Moral of the story ?
    In this day & age, one should always be operating in condition orange.
    Police officers going on a call should be in condition red !
    Maybe they should have more training to handle these scenarios, maybe they should have more evaluation on how they react to life or death encounters, maybe some shouldn't be on the force at all (DEI hires).

Don't know if I could handle the job...

Top Bottom