• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Interesting take and hopefully just missing the sarcasm font.

If you’re targeting the pagers of known Hezbollah members/operatives that’s not indiscriminate. Randomly detonating every pager in a region would be indiscriminate, but so far nothing like that has been stated. Even news sources are stating that Hezbollah pagers are detonating.

I’m wondering what the method was. They figure out some update to send out that managed to detonate the batteries or did they intercept a batch of pagers and put some c4 in them.

Makes you wonder see about that cellphone in your pocket don’t it???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iphones will be worse when the explode

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Fighting terrorism with terrorism, seems legit.
    Careful targeting of combatants isn't terrorism...

There is no equivocation between the two side's actions except for those that agree and approve of hamas' and hezbollah's actions against civilians including Americans.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    NorTex
    Making 4000+ pagers explode isn't careful targeting. Thats equivalent to a very large bomb or carpet bombing. And making people fearful of their portable electronics isn't "careful targeting" either. Last I heard at least 3 children were dead, people driving cars were maimed and killed causing their cars to continue uncontrolled, and for so many devices exploded and so few targets killed, that isn't even careful.

Not taking a side on either of these groups, but don't pretend making thousands of devices explode without warning or affiliation is a pretty easy "terrorism" claim.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Fighting terrorism with terrorism, seems legit.

The pagers that were targeted were bought by Hezbollah and given out to their members. Making those pagers and only those pagers explode is as close to "precision targeting" as you can get and is a damn sight more specific than, say, a 500lb bomb. As Cycleguy said, specifically targeting members of a terrorist organization is not terrorism. Now, if every pager or cellphone in Lebanon exploded, then you'd have an argument worth making, but right now you've got a weak argument at best.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Israeli intelligence services are pretty good.............I am currently reading "Vengance" about their response to the killing in the Olympic village back in '72 in Munich..........damn good book

The Israeli military stood up an office tasked with tracking down and killing every single terrorist that crossed the border on October 7th. It might take a while, but I fully expect their mission to be accomplished.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Making 4000+ pagers explode isn't careful targeting. Thats equivalent to a very large bomb or carpet bombing. And making people fearful of their portable electronics isn't "careful targeting" either. Last I heard at least 3 children were dead, people driving cars were maimed and killed causing their cars to continue uncontrolled, and for so many devices exploded and so few targets killed, that isn't even careful.

Not taking a side on either of these groups, but don't pretend making thousands of devices explode without warning or affiliation is a pretty easy "terrorism" claim.
    If you think killing a combatant and the car THEY were driving causing the death of a kid is "terrorism" I got nothing for ya... is it sad these horrible people hang around kids and civilians and get them hurt, but those kids and "civilians" support and help the combatants themselves and I personally have little sympathy.

Getting upwards of 3000 legitimate targets severely injured for *maybe* 3 kids (I dont trust hamas' or hezbollah's claims) is pretty damn good minimization of collateral damage.

glenbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Rashida Taliban needs one, too.

Attachments

• pig.jpeg
      pig.jpeg
      60.9 KB · Views: 23

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

There is no equivocation between the two side's actions except for those that agree and approve of hamas' and hezbollah's actions against civilians including Americans.

Unfortunately they couldn't take out a few of their enemy residing in Washington.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Here's how they did it:

And from the story: "The devices that detonated were all the latest models acquired by Hezbollah in recent months and distributed to its members, three security sources told Reuters."

Not in any way an "indescriminate" attack on any innocents. Any other injuries are on the hands of Hezbollah and their terrorists.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Unfortunately they couldn't take out a few of their enemy residing in Washington.
    Damn time zones screw up everything...
    They were sleeping DC when the signal went out, and when they awoke in the morning, they heard about it on the news.
    I bet a whole lot of pagers got thrown away before being turned on.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ARMSAGORA
    Top Bottom