• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The affected pagers were from a new shipment that the group received in recent days, people familiar with the matter said. A Hezbollah official said many fighters had such devices, speculating that malware might have caused the devices to explode. The official said some people felt the pagers heat up and disposed of them before they burst. Hezbollah said a number of pagers carried by its members exploded simultaneously at 3:30 p.m. local time. It couldn’t immediately be determined what caused the blasts, which were spread out across the country in several areas where Hezbollah has a heavy presence.

Iranian state television said the country’s ambassador to Lebanon, Mojtaba Amani, was injured by his pager but was conscious and not in danger.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    The last pager I had used AAA batteries. Been a while.

Are the newer ones rechargeable lithium-ion? And can you actually force a small lithium battery to explode with that kind of force? I thought the "thermal runaway" effect was far more likely to cause combustion, not a literal explosion.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    The affected pagers were from a new shipment that the group received in recent days, people familiar with the matter said. A Hezbollah official said many fighters had such devices, speculating that malware might have caused the devices to explode. The official said some people felt the pagers heat up and disposed of them before they burst. Hezbollah said a number of pagers carried by its members exploded simultaneously at 3:30 p.m. local time. It couldn’t immediately be determined what caused the blasts, which were spread out across the country in several areas where Hezbollah has a heavy presence.

Iranian state television said the country’s ambassador to Lebanon, Mojtaba Amani, was injured by his pager but was conscious and not in danger.
    I read somewhere that they got the pagers about 3 months ago. It makes sense that it would take some time to distribute them.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    For people claiming it's an "indiscriminate" attack...it's not indiscriminate if the pagers in question were all purchased by a known terrorist organization for distribution to its members. This was not just randomly blowing up pagers. This was pagers that were distributed by Hamas to members of Hamas.
    But that Hamas terrorist's mom said "He was such a nice boy!"

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    I'd hate for Russia to start exploding cellphones in US of random people they label: terrorist. It's a slippery slope.

Cheers!
    1000000195.jpg

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Weird how people have noticed how the Media gets everything wrong here at home, but gives full credence to what they say about the Middle East. Same Media, suddenly honest?

I'd hate for Russia to start exploding cellphones in US of random people they label: terrorist. It's a slippery slope.
    Same reason many foreign news sources report relatively well on happenings the US...

Distance provides perspective.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Interesting take and hopefully just missing the sarcasm font.

If you’re targeting the pagers of known Hezbollah members/operatives that’s not indiscriminate. Randomly detonating every pager in a region would be indiscriminate, but so far nothing like that has been stated. Even news sources are stating that Hezbollah pagers are detonating.

I’m wondering what the method was. They figure out some update to send out that managed to detonate the batteries or did they intercept a batch of pagers and put some c4 in them.

Makes you wonder see about that cellphone in your pocket don’t it???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm hoping they somehow were able to plant some fun stuff in there.

It doesn't take much real explosive to cause damage in an object like this which would be in direct contact with the body. A tiny blasting cap will do in hands and fingers (and faces... "blasting cap face" will get you there).

"The we can touch you" is strong with the IDF. I love it!! It would be heaven to be at work and have someone ask "hey, can yall find a way to make a pager explode?"

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Top Bottom