• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I have managed to get here to come with me once to a Spring Guns and Ammo indoor range. she shot the CZ 75 9mm and wouldn't try any of the larger calipers. She only shot about two mags worth too. I was kinda bummed out I brought four different calipers and around 500 rounds. I am not used to leaving with my range bag that heavy still, lol.
    I thought about getting her a Walter P22 in pink, might peak her interest a little. Seems like they are coming out with more stuff suited to ladies these days.

Pink guns do get girls attention... my gf wants me to refinish her shotgun... obnoxious colors...

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I just shot a couple hundred rounds with my sister last weekend and need to stock back up on ammo. Are there decent prices and selection around Gatesville I can buy Friday night or should I try to pick some up before I leave?

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I just shot a couple hundred rounds with my sister last weekend and need to stock back up on ammo. Are there decent prices and selection around Gatesville I can buy Friday night or should I try to pick some up before I leave?

1 gun store in Gatesville (Guns Unlimited) which is very limited on guns n ammo :). But they are really nice people. Even had one box of 50cal in stock last time. Otherwise it's Wally World and their stock is not great. I assume y'all [hmm, just heard 2 gunshots] are coming up Hwy 6, I'd hit B/CS stores on the way to be sure.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I fit them ALLLLL in the trunk
    That sucks......no more room for ammo LOL

I'm loading the truck now. Heading up sometime tomorrow. Sugar Land said he's buying me a special dinner - last time didn't work out so good for me :eek:

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress

I would try and pick some up where you are, last time I went up in that area. I was pretty much SOL and stuck with what I brought. unless I wanted to either buy the junk or expensive
    stuff

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    That sucks......no more room for ammo LOL

I'm loading the truck now. Heading up sometime tomorrow. Sugar Land said he's buying me a special dinner - last time didn't work out so good for me :eek:

I discovered I am pretty low on ammo... Have to change that when I get to san antonio tomorrow... otherwise Ill be shooting a LOT of .22 :)

Don't let him butter your bread! It is not what you think it is!

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    1 gun store in Gatesville (Guns Unlimited) which is very limited on guns n ammo :). But they are really nice people. Even had one box of 50cal in stock last time. Otherwise it's Wally World and their stock is not great. I assume y'all [hmm, just heard 2 gunshots] are coming up Hwy 6, I'd hit B/CS stores on the way to be sure.
    There are 3 or 4 gun store's in the killeen area, cant remember the names. but you can also try Academy and a pawn shop on 195/190, I think thats where it is. No idea whats a little further north, Waco, gateville and temple.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    There's only 1 gun store in Killeen, Guns galore (unless you count the pawn shops) and I recommend you do not buy ammo or firearms from them. As far as ammo goes here its Academy and Walmart for the best prices. Then there's JD shooting supplies in Copperas Cove which is ok I suppose. It's run by Koreans which one of them is cool and Knowledgable the rest of them follow you around the shop asking if you need something every 5 seconds like its a crime to look around.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Guns Galore in Killeen is famous for it being the place that the Ft Hood shooter bought his guns at, and the guy who almost blew up the restaurant bought a gun there, I believe, and a guy committed suicide there...and they also have pretty steep prices. But they have a HUGE Hornady supply. So if you're particular on Hornady-they're a good shop for that.

JT sports in Cove is pretty pricey too on some things, but they do have hidden deals in there. For such a small shop, they do have it pretty packed.

Quantico Tactical on Ft Hood St in Killen seems pretty legit though. If anyone's in the area, I recommend y'all stop on by and check them out. They have everything from clothing, to gear, to knives, to guns and ammo. The ammo selection is limited last I checked but everything else has a pretty good selection.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Guns Galore in Killeen is famous for it being the place that the Ft Hood shooter bought his guns at, and the guy who almost blew up the restaurant bought a gun there, I believe, and a guy committed suicide there...and they also have pretty steep prices. But they have a HUGE Hornady supply. So if you're particular on Hornady-they're a good shop for that.

JT sports in Cove is pretty pricey too on some things, but they do have hidden deals in there. For such a small shop, they do have it pretty packed.

Quantico Tactical on Ft Hood St in Killen seems pretty legit though. If anyone's in the area, I recommend y'all stop on by and check them out. They have everything from clothing, to gear, to knives, to guns and ammo. The ammo selection is limited last I checked but everything else has a pretty good selection.
    I always forget about quantico. That is a good shop for tacticool stuff. Prices are the same as others though on their guns. Most everything in this area is priced for the soldier who returns from deployment and has money to spend and doesn't care what it costs. I avoid them unless I really need something or am one of the soldiers who just got back lol.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    When it comes to cheap guns-that gun store up in Gatesville has had some good deals come in time to time. I saw a stripped bare AR15 in there one time for 750. If I woulda had the money, I woulda picked that one up for sure and just made it how I wanted it.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I always forget about quantico. That is a good shop for tacticool stuff. Prices are the same as others though on their guns. Most everything in this area is priced for the soldier who returns from deployment and has money to spend and doesn't care what it costs. I avoid them unless I really need something or am one of the soldiers who just got back lol.

I love stopping by there even when I'm broke just to browse. They had a 1911 there one time that was just...oh. my. gawd. I don't even care about 1911's usually, but this one was beautiful. Just completely chromed out...then it had some gorgeous walnut grips. Oh damn that sucker was beautiful. I woulda paid the grand they wanted for it if I woulda had the cash.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    When it comes to cheap guns-that gun store up in Gatesville has had some good deals come in time to time. I saw a stripped bare AR15 in there one time for 750. If I woulda had the money, I woulda picked that one up for sure and just made it how I wanted it.
    As an AR noob, that doesn't sound so hot. My turn key Rock River Operator was $900, scope not included.

Top Bottom