• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I wonder why? Oh......wait.......No I don't.

Jeep sales are bombing.

I have a bro-in-law who is a Jeep fanatic. He's retarded. Gone thru like five or six new Jeep vehicles in 10yrs. Always HAS to have the latest and greatest HEEP.
    Buys one then spends 40K in mall crawler accessories. Snorkel, winch, light bars, big wheels and tires, etc.
    Even he is starting to complain about prices. LOL

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    All of the vehicle companies are getting what they deserve. I hope they all go bankrupt. I can't believe there are people stupid enough to pay $50k - $100+k for any kind of Jeep / SUV / or Pickup.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Are they mechanically/electronically reliable? Last one I owned was a 1991 Wrangler and it was a POS. Bone stock it did OK in the MI winters though.

IMO there are many reasons.
    1.) New vehicles are stuffed with electronics. Too many really. Most folks want a reliable vehicle. Cheap electronics fail. In many instances this disables the vehicle. Not a problem in the driveway. BIG problem way out in the boonies
    2.) Overcomplication of an off-road vehicle prevents field repair.
    3.) There are two types of Jeep people. The Karen mall crawler type and the true offroad gearhead type. Jeep wants to be the luxury brand to the Karens. Jeeps suck on the road, Karen wants a crossover ride with the tough offroad look.
    The true gearheads want a bare bones Jeep. They're going to mod the thing out anyway. Jeep doesn't like these guys because they're not going to pay 90k for a overcomplicated vehicle.
    4.) Quality is not there. Jeeps have always been Maintenance Pigs but the new ones are gottdamm.
    5.) Stupid government regulations. Goes without saying but adds a lot of cost.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Are they mechanically/electronically reliable? Last one I owned was a 1991 Wrangler and it was a POS. Bone stock it did OK in the MI winters though.
    My '91 still does pretty good. :)
    1000000201.jpg

Last edited:

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    They keep raising prices and the profits made by Jeep are being sunk into Fiat versus new Jeep improvements. Mine is almost 6yo, not an expensive Rubicon or 392 and no issues. I know Jeep brand is not the most reliable but I also paid mine off in under 3 years. But I see a lot of quality issues with all brands right now including Toyota and it seems many turbo-4 bangers seem to be having issues. The spouses 2022 Honda was in the shop 3 months after we purchased due to the $2k+ infotainment system no longer working. If I had to buy myself something else today, I'm not sure what that would be due to all brands raising prices and continual issues showing up.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I quit caring when I-6 went to V6 and 4 door became the norm.

Buddy of mine’s wife bought a Gladiator. Pays nearly 1k/month, paid the factory mud tires and shit. Won’t allow anything in the bed, won’t allow a trailer to be hooked up, and got mad when he drove it to my house once because my road is “rough and dirty”.

Before that she’d gotten a used 4 door Wrangler. Talked him in to putting a lift on it, then said she wanted to trade it in because it didn’t drive very good.

As someone else said, she is the preferred Jeep consumer now.

Edit to add: Her dad came by the day after she bought the jeep. He leaned on the back and the tail light snapped off. She got pissed at him for breaking it. He told her she bought a piece of shit

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I’m not sure that jeep even has a plan for who they are marketing to. Their new vehicles look cool with a lift kit but when you’re paying the same price as you would for luxury diesel 3/4 trucks, there is no good reason to buy the jeep that cant tow much, doesn’t get good gas mileage, and has half the space at best. Not to mention, they are entering into the plug in hybrid market which seems very counterproductive to an off-road focused vehicle.

Even their larger SUV’s like the grand wagoneer, it seems like they are hoping that being trendy will draw people to them as opposed to other vehicles like the Tahoe or expedition.

Top Bottom