APOD Firearms

Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    Passed 4 million Teslas? That would be difficult. Only 1.91 million Teslas have been produced. You probably passes the same ones a few times….

Y’all need to unwad your panties.

You actually googled how many Teslas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    well you win the keyboard commando award for the day it's always easy to be a badass when sitting behind your keyboard

I’m actually fixing to move from Baton Rouge(Geaux Tigers) to Houston. I’ll buy the first round.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Drove the back roads from Dallas to Fredericksburg today. Saw one Rivian in Lampasas. Probably a local

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    There's a lot of them in my suburban neighborhood. It's pretty rare for me to not see at least one Tesla before I even get to the freeway 2.5 miles down the road. I suppose they make sense for who I see driving them. Can't say I've asked even one, but the typical demographic for this area would strongly indicate that:
    1. It's not the primary household vehicle
    2. The driver stays close to home and doesn't need mid-day charging
    3. The driver either works from home, or is not the wage earner in a single income household
    4. The driver is not a 'car person' and is "inconvenienced" by ICE-related maintenance
    5. The owner wanted to drive something of a status symbol (save the planet, luxury, techie, what have you)

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    There's a lot of them in my suburban neighborhood. It's pretty rare for me to not see at least one Tesla before I even get to the freeway 2.5 miles down the road. I suppose they make sense for who I see driving them. Can't say I've asked even one, but the typical demographic for this area would strongly indicate that:
    1. It's not the primary household vehicle
    2. The driver stays close to home and doesn't need mid-day charging
    3. The driver either works from home, or is not the wage earner in a single income household
    4. The driver is not a 'car person' and is "inconvenienced" by ICE-related maintenance
    5. The owner wanted to drive something of a status symbol (save the planet, luxury, techie, what have you)
    A few of the many reasons I can't see a tesla in my future.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I just got an ICE car just over 3 years ago, so I'll probably wait at least 2 more years until I even thing of replacing it.
    Honestly, if I was going to get a new car today, I'd get an electric for the following reasons:

A) Anytime we go on lengthy trips, we take my wife's hybrid.
    B) I've got a solar system that on most days produces double what we consume.
    C) I'd get a car that will do reverse charging to act as an additional backup battery for the house (right now just have a single Tesla Powerwall 2)
    D) My work is 26 miles from my house and all the other trips beside the office that I make in my car are less than 50 miles round trip, so the long time it takes to "fill-er-up" with electrons is a non-issue for me.
    E) Since I can charge it from my excess solar, I won't be a burden to the grid that is already being pushed to the limit by rapid growth of housing plus the additional people getting EV's that are using the grid to charge.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I just got an ICE car just over 3 years ago, so I'll probably wait at least 2 more years until I even thing of replacing it.
    Honestly, if I was going to get a new car today, I'd get an electric for the following reasons:

A) Anytime we go on lengthy trips, we take my wife's hybrid.
    B) I've got a solar system that on most days produces double what we consume.
    C) I'd get a car that will do reverse charging to act as an additional backup battery for the house (right now just have a single Tesla Powerwall 2)
    D) My work is 26 miles from my house and all the other trips beside the office that I make in my car are less than 50 miles round trip, so the long time it takes to "fill-er-up" with electrons is a non-issue for me.
    E) Since I can charge it from my excess solar, I won't be a burden to the grid that is already being pushed to the limit by rapid growth of housing plus the additional people getting EV's that are using the grid to charge.
    I'd keep the ICE car as long as possible as it and an EV each have different advantages and disadvantages.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I’m actually fixing to move from Baton Rouge(Geaux Tigers) to Houston. I’ll buy the first round.

no thanks i can buy my own and i'm pretty picky who i drink with and you're not in that group yetbesides i'm not anywhere near houston and have no reason to go there!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom